No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that after Marshall has taken the role of the voice of the mid majors we will schedule ISUr at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      I hope that after Marshall has taken the role of the voice of the mid majors we will schedule ISUr at least.
      ISUr will be okay next year. McIntosh may become a grad transfer. Evans, Fayne, and I don't know who else starts. They have a few other pieces. Loyola will be good next year. Second place team.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by robertfoshizzle View Post
        I have always wanted Cincinnati to get the top MVC teams on our schedule, but it never happens for some reason.
        What we really need to do is play neutral site games and stop demanded H&H's with P5 schools. At least with Wichita we'll add another high quality league opponent.

Comment

• As much smoke as there is - and there's A LOT of smoke - I think it happens at the AAC's spring meetings. There is a lot of mutual benefit if WSU joins the AAC this fall. WSU could play 4 or more games in the tourney next year if they have a strong enough schedule to get a decent seed. That's something like a $6.4 mill payday for the league. That works out to $500,000 payout per school in the AAC. I'd also think the AAC would want WSU next year for bargaining leverage for their TV rights that expire in 2019.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
            I would not be surprised if it is a unanimous vote when the vote actually happens. Even if you oppose the move (cough, Loyola), it is better for the conference if it looks unanimous.
            Was it ever revealed on here which team we wanted added?

Comment

Also, just want to mention how excited I am that this may finally be happening. There are so many benefits to both sides that the only way this isn't happening is if our TV partners stop it -- which would make no sense to me, but I don't make the big bucks.
              If the TV partners didn't want this it wouldn't have gotten this far.

And I'm stoked our new Cincy friends (and other AAC schools) have been stopping by to consort with us. Looking forward to all the friendly banter before conference games in the future. I've been following Cincy for awhile and always root for you during the tournament. What's your main fan board?
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                I would still take H/H with any regularly +100 RPI Valley team. I don't want us to get all Creighton about this.
                Finding MVC teams consistently on the good side of an RPI of 100 will be the challenge. Best two lately have been UNI and ISUr:

UNI - 2017 (163); 2016 (66); 2015 (11); 2014 (112)

ISUr - 2017 (40); 2016 (118); 2015 (53); 2014 (133)

Comment

I hope that after Marshall has taken the role of the voice of the mid majors we will schedule ISUr at least.
                  He should have Kellen respond to Muller's tweet. That'd be hilarious...
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Finding MVC teams consistently on the good side of an RPI of 100 will be the challenge. Best two lately have been UNI and ISUr:

UNI - 2017 (163); 2016 (66); 2015 (11); 2014 (112)

ISUr - 2017 (40); 2016 (118); 2015 (53); 2014 (133)
                    That's really eye-opening. In a bad way.

Comment

Probably his first choice would be UNI although I'm wondering how good they're gonna be in the foreseeable future. Just because Gregg wished Dan well and hoped he made the tournament doesn't suddenly make them bosom buddies.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                        He should have Kellen respond to Muller's tweet. That'd be hilarious...
                        Savage!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          If the TV partners didn't want this it wouldn't have gotten this far.

And I'm stoked our new Cincy friends (and other AAC schools) have been stopping by to consort with us. Looking forward to all the friendly banter before conference games in the future. I've been following Cincy for awhile and always root for you during the tournament. What's your main fan board?
                          The two best free ones IMO are:

Bearcat Banter: The #1 Board for Cincinnati Bearcats sports on the internet.

I used to spend a lot more time on BearcatTalk than I do now, but lately I am on CSNBBS more. The AAC board on there is solid as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            THIS.

Side note: How funny will it be when we make up our early non-con schedule with a bunch of buy games with MVC schools?
                            To be completely fair, I don't find it funny at all. While the other schools (mostly) have forced our hand, we've been in this league forever. I will look forward to the future with wonder and joy, but I will wish the Valley the best and will find no joy in any negatives they suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                              Not sure the particulars but it's basically done for TV to make sure the networks (ESPN and CBS) get the maximum number of best games. I believe we are guaranteed at least 2 main CBS games (they've been before the MVC Championship games and in late Feb) and a certain number of Thursday night 7:00pm/9:00pm ESPN or ESPN2 games. All the top schools are pretty much guaranteed to play each other twice. We've played UConn, SMU, and Temple (but not Memphis for some reason) twice each season.
                              Relegation league! Without even having to call it that.

Damn, the MVC sucks.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The two best free ones IMO are:

Bearcat Banter: The #1 Board for Cincinnati Bearcats sports on the internet.

I used to spend a lot more time on BearcatTalk than I do now, but lately I am on CSNBBS more. The AAC board on there is solid as well.
                                The CSN board led me back to this thread. Lots of great posters from a large number of schools, not just the AAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X