No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone surprised that a SWOMO board is laden with ignorance?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      Is anyone surprised that a SWOMO board is laden with ignorance?
      Not at all. This is the group that thinks that they're so clever with their "notta state" chant when they used to be called Southwest Missouri STATE University.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Not at all. This is the group that thinks that they're so clever with their "notta state" chant when they used to be called Southwest Missouri STATE University.
        SOUTHWEST MISSOURI IS NOT A STATE! :)

Comment

My rebuttal to the "Wichita isn't a state" is "And we were never a slave state either."
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            so are the meat processing plants up north just that? No slaughtering?

I can't recall seeing trucks with livestock go in and out. Dodge City on the other hand....
            Where are you speaking of with "up north"? I am not aware of any meat processing plants in Wichita or surrounding area. The closest I can come up with is Arkansas City (correct?), and we might as well cede that town to Oklahoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              My rebuttal to the "Wichita isn't a state" is "And we were never a slave state either."
              Definitely!
              SWOMO = Quantrill Inbreds

Even if Wichita did have meat packing plants, I'd rather smell those than the meth labs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Where are you speaking of with "up north"? I am not aware of any meat processing plants in Wichita or surrounding area. The closest I can come up with is Arkansas City (correct?), and we might as well cede that town to Oklahoma.
                I think there might be some confusion about the difference between Cargill and TreatCo.

It's still not exactly a slaughter house, but it smells like one sometimes...

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  I think there might be some confusion about the difference between Cargill and TreatCo.

It's still not exactly a slaughter house, but it smells like one sometimes...
                  Is the dog food/treat place still in operation? I thought it sustained serious fire damage a couple of years ago and never reopened.

And yeah, that's a long ways from being a huge meat processing plant.

Comment

• Perhaps SWOMO needs to go back to Southwest Missouri State rather than Missouri State. They haven't been too successful since they changed their name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      Definitely!
                      SWOMO = Quantrill Inbreds

Even if Wichita did have meat packing plants, I'd rather smell those than the meth labs.
                      And if we are being truthful, there is no doubt that collectively the meth plants in Springfield "employ" way more people than the Cargill plant here in Wichita. So you win this round Springfield. You win.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        No rebuttal needed, it just encourages the stupidity.

Simple as S*** to understand...

Wichita State University is an State University in Wichita, thus the name. The Wright brothers do not happen to be States either but Wright State University is a State University named for them.

I'm sorry but it would be clever if the insult made any sense but frankly it doesn't unless you are just a step slow.

Comment

• Okay, guys, why even respond to Wichita isn't a state? That whole thing is, well, stupid. Nobody from Wichita should even get upset about it. How do you get mad about that chant? They chant it and put it on shirts, your response is, well, "Yeah, we know Wichita isn't a state." So what?

What is more important is the national media being able to tell the difference between Missouri State and SEMO. http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/A...63/3063455.png

They are really pissed about that. http://missouristate.247sports.com/B...ough--30781912
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• San Diego isn't a state either.....
                            ...or Boise St.....Chicago St.....Cleveland St.....Portland St.....Texas St.....etc...etc.... What's the point???
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              San Diego isn't a state either.....
                              ...or Boise St.....Chicago St.....Cleveland St.....Portland St.....Texas St.....etc...etc.... What's the point???
                              Wait, Texas isn't a state????
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Wait, Texas isn't a state????
                                I believe it has recently been absorbed by Mexico as a northern territory.

Comment

Working...
                                X