American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hehehe.

We freaking spotted them a 20 pt lead with 10 minutes left and still beat swomo.

Classic!

In front of their billy goat facial hair students.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• This thread is getting really good.

Thanks fellas.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Wait, Texas isn't a state????
        ask a Texan and they'll it is a republic.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          ask a Texan and they'll it is a republic.
          OK. I thought maybe they went ahead and seceded from the union, and I missed seeing it in the news.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Where are you speaking of with "up north"? I am not aware of any meat processing plants in Wichita or surrounding area. The closest I can come up with is Arkansas City (correct?), and we might as well cede that town to Oklahoma.
            Yes creekstone farms plant is in Arkansas City and no it's still in Kansas no ceding it to Oklahoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Can someone please explain why the Sun Belt appeals to them so much? Seems like it's a step backwards in basketball. Is the football that good?
              On a personal level, it is a step up in the collegiate sports that I care most about. The SBC has been hurt in football by CUSA poaching some of their better teams but Louisiana Lafayette, Lousiana Monroe, and Arkansas State are good. ULL has a great all around sports program and has been able to keep Coach Hudspeth despite interest from Power Five schools. ULM beat a top 10 Arkansas team in 2012 and just knocked off Wake Forest. I am a football junkie first and foremost and I watch the SBC all the time. I probably know more about the teams and that conference in football than I know about Valley basketball.

We are going to sell out next week against North Dakota in our renovated stadium. Certainly we are not where we want to be tomorrow yet, but we are further along than we were yesterday. Baby steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                On a personal level, it is a step up in the collegiate sports that I care most about. The SBC has been hurt in football by CUSA poaching some of their better teams but Louisiana Lafayette, Lousiana Monroe, and Arkansas State are good. ULL has a great all around sports program and has been able to keep Coach Hudspeth despite interest from Power Five schools. ULM beat a top 10 Arkansas team in 2012 and just knocked off Wake Forest. I am a football junkie first and foremost and I watch the SBC all the time. I probably know more about the teams and that conference in football than I know about Valley basketball.

We are going to sell out next week against North Dakota in our renovated stadium. Certainly we are not where we want to be tomorrow yet, but we are further along than we were yesterday. Baby steps.
                Fair enough and thanks.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

There are 128 FBS football programs. If MSU were to become the 129th program, your stadium's capacity of 17.5K would rank 127th out of 129. Looks like you'd be as awesome at bringing up the rear of FBS football, as you are at D1 MBB.

Comment

There are 128 FBS football programs. If MSU were to become the 129th program, your stadium's capacity of 17.5K would rank 127th out of 129. Looks like you'd be as awesome at bringing up the rear of FBS football, as you are at D1 MBB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tball_stadiums
                    What is our stadium's capacity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
                      Cessna capacity? It can hold 30K...but that is moot because for football to come back, a brand new facility would be needed.
                      78-65

Comment

Official is 31,500.

I'm no Structural Engineer, but I wouldn't be in those bleachers with that many people...
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Do you think no one is aware that you are a bare troll? Since you joined a couple of days ago all of your posts are in some fashion related to MSU.

I encourage you and your fellow MSU brethren to go get a job and throw some money towards your school. Until then you are the poor white trash of D1 athletics.

Oh, and if you could lose the fat chicks who scream at baseball games that would be grand as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Cessna capacity? It can hold 30K...but that is moot because for football to come back, a brand new facility would be needed.
                            Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Official is 31,500.

I'm no Structural Engineer, but I wouldn't be in those bleachers with that many people...
                            The Cessna structure didn't seem to have any issues in 2006 when the place was packed for the Rolling Stones.

Comment

The Cessna structure didn't seem to have any issues in 2006 when the place was packed for the Rolling Stones.
                              State track doesn't have issues either. Still, you would need to fix the locker room situation, put in some coaches offices, etc. to where it is just as cost-effective to build a new facility.
                              78-65

Comment

• MSU average FB attendance was 9,284.

Here are some comparable attendance figures from 2013.

Pittsburg State (D2 - just across the border in KS): 10,030
                                Central Missouri (D2): 9,057

They are outdrawing Northwest Missouri State (D2): 6,082

Average attendance at all FBS games: 45,671
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X