No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoyed the Navy Tulsa game with a hundred + Shocker fans today. Beautiful day in Tulsa. Learned about the USS Tulsa, which is badass.

Not to get political, but I don't know how anyone can meet or even watch one of these brave men and women that serve, or have served, and see the pride in their eyes when the anthem plays, and not want to give them every freaking ounce of respect you possibly can.

May God Bless each and every one that has served as well as all their families.

Comment

• Comment

• Decent review of AAC basketball including names of players to watch this year.

Cincy is going to be TOUGH!

By Kevin SweeneyThe big news in the AAC this offseason was the addition of Wichita State to its ranks. The perennial mid-major power Shockers finally made the move up to a high-major conference, an…
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Decent review of AAC basketball including names of players to watch this year.

Cincy is going to be TOUGH!

https://cbbcentral.com/2017/10/02/32...onference/amp/
          Yes, Cincinnati will be very tough. Fortunately, we will match up with them size wise quite nicely. I believe they will go 6-0, 6-5, 6-5, 6-8, 6-9. They will have a 6-5 kid off the bench that is pretty salty and a couple of moderately talented tall athletes to relieve the post.

UCONN is interesting. A ton of unproven players oozing with potential at all positions. And, of course, their bigs are really big.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Yes, Cincinnati will be very tough. Fortunately, we will match up with them size wise quite nicely. I believe they will go 6-0, 6-5, 6-5, 6-8, 6-9. They will have a 6-5 kid off the bench that is pretty salty and a couple of moderately talented tall athletes to relieve the post.

UCONN is interesting. A ton of unproven players oozing with potential at all positions. And, of course, their bigs are really big.
            Cincinnati is definitely WSU's biggest competition this year. UCONN has a lot of unknowns and could surprise. Also keep an eye on Temple and Houston. I see 4-6 bids this year.

WSU
            Cincinnati
            SMU
            UCF

Possibly Houston/UCONN/Temple

Comment

• And NAVY tales the lead! #SCTOP10
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                That's what has pissed me off about it...it's basically saying if you don't donate tons of $$$, we don't care if you go!! In my reply to the ticket office, I told them that Cincinnati's office told me there probably won't be any, meaning that there will be no chance for Shocker fans to see the game...
                UC fan here.....your best luck on scoring uc vs WSU tickets will be on the 3rd party reseller sites (vivid, seat geek, stubhub). Uc is already down to about 500 tickets left (12 year high on season ticket sales) and any thing left over will be packaged into 5 game packages and mostly likely will completely sell out.

That said, you might end up getting a better deal by buying one of the 5 games packages and then selling the rest since the 3rd party sites will sell these tickets for way above retail.

That said, the temporary arena we playing in is really nice so no need to splurge on the lower level, all seats are good

Comment

• Re: tickets for places like Cinncinati. I would imagine it's going to be just as difficult for our opponents to get tickets to Koch... Even when it was a game like Senior Day for Fred and Ron, there were tickets available on Stubhub. The prices were mostly outlandish but available. I have season tickets but bout 2 extra for family from stubhub. 125 for upper level not too far up. I wouldn't bat an eye to pay that for tickets to see the shockers in Cinncinati.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Other than the experience Cincinnati returns, the depth and athleticism on the frontline really stands out. After Clark and Washington, Brooks, Scott, Diarra and Nsoseme are all very long and athletic. Brooks is likely Cincinnati's 2nd best NBA prospect after Jacob Evans and I expect him to eat into Kyle Washington's minutes. The other three are tremendously athletic and should make a big impact protecting the rim.

Comment

• I'm sure things will change once the games start, but what a breath of fresh air having a real number of opposing fans over here wanting to talk basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I'm sure things will change once the games start, but what a breath of fresh air having a real number of opposing fans over here wanting to talk basketball.
                        Our old MVC brethren did talk a lot of basketball. They talked about how Marshall was gone as soon as a P5 team came calling and about how no P5 team would take him because he was an asshole. They talked about how we would go back to mediocrity as soon as Toure and Garrett were gone, or as soon as Baker and VanCkeet were gone, or as soon as Landry and Markis were gone. Then they talked about how over-rates Toure, Garrett, Ron, Fred, Landry, and Markis were.

They talked about that one year where we went 17-1 or 16-2 and their team beat us and showed us who was really in charge and how we couldn’t win in St Louis.

Yes, there was lots of basketball discussion.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• As a UC fan, I absolutely cannot wait for this season to kick off. Maybe I'm a homer, but I feel this will be the strongest the AAC has ever been. And not just because of WSU, but because the middle of the league should be much improved.

UC is not going to be able to cake walk its way to 16 wins in the conference this year.

I expect @Houston, @wsu:, @UCONN, @Temple, @UCF, & @SMU to be all out wars.

And even from a national perspective I think the race for 3-6 in the AAC will be one of the more interesting races in CBB.

Can't wait for this football crap to take a backseat and Basketball to begin

Comment

• I am almost giddy in anticipation for basketball season. Last year as we sat through blowout after blowout at home, literally bored, we started discussing whether or not we could move leagues for this year. The valley was obviously going to be even worse and we were going to loaded. I didn't want to sit through it again. We talked about how the American would be a perfect fit because we wouldn't have to worry about bringing back football. Thought it made to much sense for it to actually happen. Needless to say I am actually excited for home basketball games this year!

Comment

• I'd come home from the games I went to and my wife would ask how the game was. My main answers involved whether the walkons got to play in the first half. After that, the next thing I'd say was, "Other than that, it was pretty much like the rest - 30 point win and I don't remember the final score".
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm very excited.

But I'd be lying if I said I would be sad about sitting through another slate of 30-point wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X