X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
    I am think the WAC might be a better option right now

Comment

• Would love it but I can't remember the last time the Shockers ever WON coming out west.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Would love it but I can't remember the last time the Shockers ever WON coming out west.
        That's funny, because I think I remember being in LA watching them win some pretty big games...

Maybe I'm just going crazy though.
        The Assman

Comment

• Lol...gonzaga & Pitt... But I think he meant a true away game

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            Lol...gonzaga & Pitt... But I think he meant a true away game
            That was SLC ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              That was SLC ;)
              Also west :-)
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• I feel like every year about this time we de-volve into a fight involving the band vs. the football team.

More than anything, I think it's a sign of a truly horrible football program if THIS is what we're left to argue about. Good grief.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  With the way the mvc teams are starting minus uni and WSU, this is hopefully going to become a major concern for bardo and sexton.

Is there any realignment talk around the country at all? I am think the WAC might be a better option right now
                  You are aware that the WAC is a desert-dried carcass of its former self, right? Drastically different conference than it was just a handful of years ago. We just made their best basketball program look like a practice squad last Friday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    I feel like every year about this time we de-volve into a fight involving the band vs. the football team.

More than anything, I think it's a sign of a truly horrible football program if THIS is what we're left to argue about. Good grief.
                    Do you have like 10 browser tabs open to different sports forums at the same time or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Do you have like 10 browser tabs open to different sports forums at the same time or something?
                      10? You only need two or three to find gems like that. 10 browsers is overkill.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                        Also west :-)
                        Exactly!
                        The Assman

Comment

You are aware that the WAC is a desert-dried carcass of its former self, right? Drastically different conference than it was just a handful of years ago. We just made their best basketball program look like a practice squad last Friday night.
                          I am very aware. And I'm pretty sure I meant it. The MVC is HORRIBLE!

Comment

I saw a post by one of the New Mexico State fans saying that they wish they could be back in the Valley if football wasn't an issue, that's how bad it is in the WAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                              I saw a post by one of the New Mexico State fans saying that they wish they could be back in the Valley if football wasn't an issue, that's how bad it is in the WAC.
                              NMSU plays football in the SunBelt. Not sure why the SunBelt would not take them for all sports. The SunBelt would certainly be better than the WAC as currently constituted.

I doubt the Illiana Valley schools would vote them into the Valley anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                NMSU plays football in the SunBelt. Not sure why the SunBelt would not take them for all sports. The SunBelt would certainly be better than the WAC as currently constituted.

I doubt the Illiana Valley schools would vote them into the Valley anyway.
                                Not doubt...definitely

Comment

Working...
                                X