American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    KU used to have something called the "Roy Williams Fund". Williams' name was used to woo money from KU's high roller boosters. When Williams found out that some of the money in"his" fund was going to football, he went ballistic.

KU isn't really allowed to spend money on the footrball program. Basketball is #1 at KU like football is #1 at Alabama. Alabama could have offered Marshall $10 mill and it wouldn't have hurt their athletic department budget. The football staff (and a bunch of boosters) would have gone nuts if that kind of money was spent on a "minor" sport.

The pecking order at KU is upside down compared to the rest of the P5.
    KU still has the Williams Fund, I believe. It is their equivalent to WSU's SASO.

Comment

• Whats your vector Victor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
        Thank you R1h04d for proving my previous description of your lack of truthfulness and character. You are now posting meaningless tripe that you think Navy plays football in the CUSA rather than admitting you were wrong about Navy playing football in the non-football New Big East. Please be informed that Navy competes in the AAC football conference not the CUSA.

You really are a piece of work and far too easy a mark. ROFLMAO on your feeble attempt as deflection!!!!!!!!!!
        Man, I made the mistake of clicking to see if you were capable of not being a child and I was wrong to ignore you, but ... wow. It was a joke. Because all of the members of the AAC are from ... aww forget it. You're one of those people.

I'm not sure what mental issue you have, but you must be the worst person in the world to break up with. You act like I killed your dog just because I put you on ignore.

Do you have any rational ability to see how ridiculous you're making yourself look?

Anyone see the movie Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl recently? It's a good movie. At one point the "me" narrator makes the mistake of commenting on how the angry, antisocial goth student walks like a dinosaur, and the angry goth student declares his undying desire to destroy the narrator. After that he just begins creepily stalking him for the rest of the movie. I don't know what would make me think of that.
        Last edited by Rlh04d; July 5, 2015, 05:27 PM.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Please cite one of my "moments of ignorance, particularly with AD/VP Sexton", as I am unaware that any of my posts were as ill informed as confusing the AAC with the New Big East.
          RdR is it mea culpa time for you regards providing a post I made that supports your allegation of my "moments of ignorance, particularly with AD/VP Sexton?

No apology is necessary as I considered your original post a gratuitous statement to support your friend from Maryland who had foolishly posted that Navy plays football in the New Big East, a non-football league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Man, I made the mistake of clicking to see if you were capable of not being a child and I was wrong to ignore you, but ... wow. It was a joke. Because all of the members of the AAC are from ... aww forget it. You're one of those people.

I'm not sure what mental issue you have, but you must be the worst person in the world to break up with. You act like I killed your dog just because I put you on ignore.

Do you have any rational ability to see how ridiculous you're making yourself look?
            Deflection is a practice that can only succeed if the party to whom you direct the deflection will play your game.

Your statement that Navy plays football in the New Big East, a non-football conference, is the issue. Not the former conference affiliations of the current members of the AAC nor whether you have or have not placed me on ignore.

Comment

• I think the real issue here, is not if Navy plays in the Big East, AAC, or C_USA, but does this Star Wars intercelestial hosebeast play in the AAC, or is she an independent.

20150704_135426.jpg

Once we get that figured out, we can then discuss conference realignment and Wichita State.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                I think the real issue here, is not if Navy plays in the Big East, AAC, or C_USA, but does this Star Wars intercelestial hosebeast play in the AAC, or is she an independent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2632[/ATTACH]

Once we get that figured out, we can then discuss conference realignment and Wichita State.
                Dressed like that? Independent and free as the U.S. of A. baby.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Unfortunately, this has become fitting for this thread.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]
                    Why South Carolina loses: they passed on highlighting one Jordan Loney in the hot tub and went instead with random soft white guy. #Fail

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      You are correct and highlight my point regarding nowhere "to go but up".
                      I think the Beatles sang a song about it
                      "I've got to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time (it can't get much worse)"
                      yes, but if KU refuses to spend on football (as they have in the past) then it will continue to get worse. i'm talking 0-win seasons with losses to several FCS teams.

The entire campus of KU is hampered by Quantrills raid (so many historical sites).

Can't tear a building down without the Lawrence Historical Society claiming it is a landmark worth saving. I'm sure you know that many buildings in the 10th-14th blocks of Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, etc, deserve to be torn down and replaced.

PM if you want to talk further
                      Last edited by wsushox1; July 6, 2015, 03:01 AM.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

Anyone see the movie Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl recently? It's a good movie. At one point the "me" narrator makes the mistake of commenting on how the angry, antisocial goth student walks like a dinosaur, and the angry goth student declares his undying desire to destroy the narrator. After that he just begins creepily stalking him for the rest of the movie. I don't know what would make me think of that.
                        Damn! Lmfao! Remind me to never get in a food fight with you.

'76, you might consider rolling it up.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          yes, but if KU refuses to spend on football (as they have in the past) then it will continue to get worse. i'm talking 0-win seasons with losses to several FCS teams.
                          In advance, I apologize because I am belaboring a point. The total cost of TAMU's last facility upgrade was north of $500 million. There is nothing unique about this staggering investment with power 5 teams.

If KU is not willing to invest big dollars in football, then they will not come. They being stud recruits.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Deflection is a practice that can only succeed if the party to whom you direct the deflection will play your game.

Your statement that Navy plays football in the New Big East, a non-football conference, is the issue. Not the former conference affiliations of the current members of the AAC nor whether you have or have not placed me on ignore.
                            Why is this hill worth dying on? It seemed like a pretty clear tongue-in-cheek reference, as was the CUSA follow up.

Rapid escalation on this crucial issue appears unnecessary.

Comment

• Just something to look at when considering who may, or may not, get left out of inclusion should the P-5 consolidate to the P-4. The Wall Street Journal doesn't seem to value Kansas nearly as highly as they do Kansas State. These are the numbers that conferences care about.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• #57 for Kansas probbly still puts them in a P-5 or consolidated P-4 conference would it not?

Comment

Working...
                                X