No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not buyin' the Big East rumor--it doesn't make a whole lot of sense athletically, institutionally, or academically. However, you know how rumors and hearsay are: as they spread, information gets misunderstood and altered.

There is so much smoke in the air right now that you have to believe there's a fire somewhere.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      What did the gal at Spangles say?
      She said if I come back at 9 then she would show me her.....

Wait, about what?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        No, no, no. BIG XII, One True Champion...
        Those commercials touting "One True Champion" always makes me gag a little. The only reason they play a round robin with 10 teams is because everybody keeps leaving the conference. Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas A&M. This wasn't by design. Spin, spin, spin.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Those commercials touting "One True Champion" always makes me gag a little. The only reason they play a round robin with 10 teams is because everybody keeps leaving the conference. Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas A&M. This wasn't by design. Spin, spin, spin.
          I thought it was one true champion because only 1 team ever wins it....
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I agree with this. The thing is, you have to start at FCS and even if the goal is FBS, there is no guarantee it will get there. They don't give you a FBS entry coupon, redeemable in 2, 3, 5, or 10 years just because intentions are declared.
            It might not be necessarily true that we would have to start at the FCS level. Wichita State dropped football voluntarily in 1986. SMU's football team was given the "Death Penalty" for the 1987 season. SMU was allowed to return to full Division One status and not D1 AA. Might be a gap the Shocks could exploit legally.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              What did the gal at Spangles say?
              McDonalds has better fries.

Comment

• I'm enamored with Dr. Bardo. I got to see him in action first hand when he first got to campus, and it was just go-go-go. A vision, and a general path to that vision, and then the journey started. We have an Innovation Campus being built, a new dorm, and the feel of our campus is completely different with the walking mall in the middle rather than a road.

In regards to this conference realignment and potential of adding new sports, specifically football, it feels very much like what Dr. Bardo did with the dorm and Innovation Campus. Gauge public interest, be transparent with what your vision and possibilities are, get a consultant in that is an expert, gauge the public some more, then report back on the findings of what the consultants brought.

I'm in the camp that this is a real thing, and it will probably move relatively quickly from here.

Also, tin foil hat time, Dr. Sexton moved to Student Affairs because he wasn't on board with changing conferences?
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  McDonalds has better fries.
                  Freddy's also

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Freddy's also
                    Off topic, but a Freddy's on campus would be legit!
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Off topic, but a Freddy's on campus would be legit!
                      Email that to bardo and it will be in by the end of the month

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                        It might not be necessarily true that we would have to start at the FCS level. Wichita State dropped football voluntarily in 1986. SMU's football team was given the "Death Penalty" for the 1987 season. SMU was allowed to return to full Division One status and not D1 AA. Might be a gap the Shocks could exploit legally.
                        Now here is an interesting thought.

Comment

• Going to the Big East would be a step towards irrelevancy unless the Big East is in talks to move some of their games to ESPN. Big East schools hardly ever get mentioned on ESPN because ESPN has no reason to promote them. Villanova is the #1 team in the country and I bet if you counted their number of mentions in a week on ESPN it wouldn't be close to half as many as KU, OU, or UNC.

Comment

• There is a massive problem with threads constantly going off-topic. Can we please make a consistent effort to stay on topic. It's getting out of hand.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I thought this conversation about the possibility of WSU moving to the Big East was pretty on topic for the Realignment and Wichita State: Best Possible Outcome thread. Am I missing something?
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                There is a massive problem with threads constantly going off-topic. Can we please make a consistent effort to stay on topic. It's getting out of hand.
                                Can we talk about the tea in China first?
                                :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X