No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‎"I am the poorest guy in the senate. There are 100 senators and I have the least amount of money. But, I have equal power."
    Joe Biden
    :positive:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• In 1987, Miles Davis was invited to a White House dinner by Ronald Reagan. Few of the guests appeared to know who he was. During dinner, Nancy Reagan turned to him and asked what he'd done with his life to merit an invitation. Straight-faced, Davis replied:
      "Well, I've changed the course of music five or six times. What have you done except f@#k the president?"
      :eek-new:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Capture2.JPG:pirate:

Comment

• A functioning police state needs no police.
          William S Burroughs
          :listening_headphone

Comment

• "Sir, I am doing wrong. Practicing to kill people is against my religion."
            Alvin York, speaking of target practice at human silhouettes.:loyal:

Comment

• Lead from the front.
              Audie Murphy
              :smilet-digitalpoint

Comment

• Our souls may lose their peace and even disturb other people's, if we are always criticizing trivial actions - which often are not real defects at all, but we construe them wrongly through our ignorance of their motives. Saint Teresa
                :bee:

Comment

• Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. Paul Newman

Comment

• “Newman's second law: Just when things look darkest, they go black.”
                    Paul Newman

Comment

• Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                      Erwin Rommel:tyrannosaurus:

Comment

• Funeral by funeral, theory advances.
                        Paul Samuelson
                        :onthego:

Comment

• I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then.
                          Jimmy Buffett
                          :apple:

Comment

• "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
                            :watermelon:

Comment

• "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them." George H. W. Bush
                              :gorilla:

Comment

• Secretary of Defense Gates giving the White House advise on a new "Strategic Communication Approach":

“‘Shut the f@*k up,’ the defense secretary said.”

Comment

Working...
                                X