No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think you should categorize yourself as an artist.
    Laura Nyro
    :peach:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• We don’t pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes.
      - Leona Helmsley

Comment

• I can very well do without God both in my life and in my painting, but I cannot, suffering as I am, do without something which is greater than I am, which is my life, the power to create.
        Vincent Van Gogh
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
          Mark Twain
          :saturn:

Comment

• The company accountant is shy and retiring. He's shy a quarter of a million dollars. That's why he's retiring.
            Milton Berle
            :subdued:

Comment

• ‎"I’m not good-looking. I used to be, but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. It’s taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ‘Don’t take the lines out of my face. Leave them there.’" - Humphrey Bogart
              :cowbell:

Comment

• By the time we've made it, we've had it.
                Malcolm Forbes
                :cool-new:

Comment

• "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
                  - Ronald Reagan, June 12, 1987

Comment

• Candidly, I believe most corporations actually don't mind big government.
                    Rick Santorum

Comment

• I shall argue that strong men, conversely, know when to compromise and that all principles can be compromised to serve a greater principle.
                      Andrew Carnegie

:tickled_pink:

Comment

• ‎"I always had a curiosity about trying new things in music. A new sound, another way to do something." -Miles Davis
                        :pirate:

Comment

• Red Green: [singing] Oh, they're weighin' the fish at the fish weigh-in, down at Mercury Creek / The prize is a boat and a thousand bucks for the biggest fish of the week / I caught me a nice little sunfish, it's gonna make me a winner / Not from the weight of the fish itself, but the ball bearings I fed it for dinner.
                          :untroubled:

Comment

• Red Green: [poem] It is spring. Tadpoles swim in a stagnant pond, surrounded by floating lilies and water snakes. You're tempted to destroy their world with men and equipment, to dry up the swamp and kill the animals. But what the heck? You don't go down in the basement that often anyway.
                            :pirate:

Comment

• Red Green: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
                              :kiwi-fruit:

Comment

• Detroit, the heart of the country... I grew up on 10 Mile, 2 miles better than 8 Mile.
                                Kristen Bell

Comment

Working...
                                X