Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Wit and Wisdom

Let Us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed - Mark Twain

Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make good use of it! If you do not, I shall repent it in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it! - 2nd President John Adams

Comment

provided by one of the many readers :)

A man is not primarily a witness against something. That is only incidental to the fact that he is a witness for something. A witness, in the sense that I am using the word, is a man whose life and faith are so completely one that when the challenge comes to step out and testify for his faith, he does so, disregarding all risks, accepting all consequences.

"Foreword in the Form of a Letter to my Children," Witness, Whittaker Chambers - 1952

Comment

I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars.
        Abbie Hoffman
        :D
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Great Spenders are bad lenders - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep." Albert Einstein
            8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If congressmen talk to much, how can it be otherwise in a body to which the people send one hundred and fifty lawyers, whose trade it is to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Immigration is the sincerest form of flattery.
                Jack Paar
                8)

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                  Immigration is the sincerest form of flattery.
                  Jack Paar
                  8)
                  Lawful immigration is the sincerest form of flattery. Anything else shows disrespect and/or entry to the new country was just handy.

Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel...because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-an-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and get-rich-quick theory of life. -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville
                        “A democracy is always temporary in nature;
                        it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
                        A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
                        that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
                        From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
                        who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
                        with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
                        due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787

Comment

8)
                          The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
                          Frank Zappa

Comment

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him hard as you can and keep moving. -- Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
                              George S. Patton
                              8)

Comment

Working...
                              X