No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two important topics in the news currently..........obesity, and flesh-eating bacteria. Seems to me that if we just think outside the box.............. we should be able to allow those two problems to solve each other..........

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      When I was in junior high, I had a girlfriend named Grace. She was amazing.
      Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.

Comment

• If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?
        Will Rogers
        :stupid:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Christ's birth made the angels rejoice and attracted shepherds and kings from afar. He was a manifestation of God's love for us.

And he grew up to become a leader with a servant's heart who taught us a message as simple as it is powerful: that we should love God, and love our neighbor as ourselves.
          #44 Barack Obama - Christmas Tree lighting ceremony, Washington D.C., Dec. 2, 2011
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I fully understand it's important to maintain the separation of church and state. We don't want the state to become the church, nor do we want the church to become the state.

There's a way to accomplish the separation of church and state, and at the same time, accomplish the social objective of having America become a hopeful place, and a loving place.
            #43 George W. Bush, Washington D.C., June 1, 2004

I believe mothers and fathers want to raise their children in a free and peaceful world. I believe all these things, because freedom is not America's gift to the world, freedom is the almighty God's gift to each man and woman in this world.
            #43 George W. Bush, Pennsylvania, October 22, 2004

Comment

• Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
              Ernest Hemingway
              :pirate:
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
                Anton Chekhov
                :cat:

Comment

• I got a job immediately after leaving high school; I was lucky - three dollars a week and all I could eat, working on a vegetable truck.
                  Ernest Borgnine
                  :grey:

Comment

• I thank God I live in a country that gave me a chance to make the money I do.
                    #42 William J. Clinton, Chicago, Illinois, June 24, 2003.

Comment

• I also have always liked the monster within idea. I like the zombies being us. Zombies are the blue-collar monsters. George A Romero
                      :rugby:

Comment

• And my first act as President is a prayer. I ask you to bow your heads:

Heavenly Father, we bow our heads and thank You for Your love. Accept our thanks for the peace that yields this day and the shared faith that makes its continuance likely. Make us strong to do Your work, willing to heed and hear Your will, and write on our hearts these words: "Use power to help people." For we are given power not to advance our own purposes, nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power, and it is to serve people. Help us to remember it, Lord. Amen.
                        #41 George H.W. Bush, Washington D.C., January 20, 1989

Comment

• Confidence is that wonderful feeling you have just before you discover what the real situation is.

Anonymous (meaning I don't have a clue who coined this)

Comment

• For the West, for America, the time has come to dare to show to the world that our civilized ideas, our traditions, our values, are not -- like the ideology and war machine of totalitarian societies -- just a facade of strength. It is time for the world to know our intellectual and spiritual values are rooted in the source of all strength, a belief in a Supreme Being, and a law higher than our own.
                            #40 Ronald W. Reagan, Speech at University of Notre Dame, 1981

Soviet leaders have openly and publicly declared that the only morality they recognize is that which will further their cause, which is world revolution. Lenin, their guiding spirit, said in 1920 that they repudiate all morality that proceeds from supernatural ideas -- that's their name for religion -- or ideas that are outside class conceptions. They must be made to understand we will never abandon our belief in God. Yes, let us pray for the salvation of all of those who live in totalitarian darkness -- pray they will discover the joy of knowing God.
                            #40 Ronald W. Reagan, Orlando, Florida, March 8, 1983

Comment

• I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God's standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.
                              #39 James E. "Jimmy" Carter, Jr., "Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis", 2005
                              Last edited by Kung Wu; July 17, 2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
                                Max Lucado
                                :eagerness:

Comment

Working...
                                X