No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Religious factions will go on imposing their will on others unless the decent people connected to them recognize that religion has no place in public policy. They must learn to make their views known without trying to make their views the only alternatives.”
    ~Barry Goldwater
    :courage:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

- John Adams
      :)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." John Adams
        :peaceful:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Sorry. That's a misquote. Here is the full quote:

Twenty times, in the course of my late reading, have I been on the point of breaking out, 'this would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!!!!' But in this exclamation, I should have been as fanatical as Bryant or Cleverly. Without religion, this world would be something not fit to be mentioned in public company—I mean hell.
          Don't you hate it when sound bites are taken out of context?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Sorry. That's a misquote. Here is the full quote:

Don't you hate it when sound bites are taken out of context?
            What'd ya expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              What'd ya expect?
              It's okay, just keepin' it real. :)

Comment

• http://darryl-hamson.suite101.com/the-religion-of-john-adams-a146620

I
                nteresting article on Adams 4 u Wu. Just keepin it real real :frog:

Comment

• The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it.
                  Bill Nye
                  :satellite:

Comment

http://darryl-hamson.suite101.com/the-religion-of-john-adams-a146620

I
                    nteresting article on Adams 4 u Wu. Just keepin it real real :frog:
                    Adams believed in God and your link doesn't foolishly try and refute that. Athiests = 0, God believers = 1.

What Founding Father would you like to play this game with next?

Comment

Adams believed in God and your link doesn't foolishly try and refute that. Athiests = 0, God believers = 1.

What Founding Father would you like to play this game with next?
                      Wasnt my intent but his faith was far from the ultra right wing views expressed today.

Truth=1 , right wing propaganda =0
                      Last edited by kcshocker11; May 15, 2012, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Ahouse divided against itself cannot stand.

Abe Lincoln

Comment

Wasnt my intent but his faith was far from the ultra right wing views expressed today.

Truth=1 , right wing propaganda =0
                          I don't understand. You misquoted John Adams (some would call THAT propaganda when it's done intentionally -- I don't think you realized you were misquoting him though as I am sure you just read it on some liberal site and copied it verbatim) with the intent of trying to make the case that our founders espoused an atheist point of view -- which can't be farther from the truth. What "ultra right wing propaganda" are you attacking in this thread?

Comment

What "ultra right wing propaganda" are you attacking in this thread?
                            That the Founding Fathers were Christian (or at least based many of their values on Christian tradition), Conservative (Classical Liberal) dudes, who saddled us with this poopy thing called the Constitution. Oh wait, those guys were awesome.
                            Last edited by shockerofandover0943; May 17, 2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

I don't understand. You misquoted John Adams (some would call THAT propaganda when it's done intentionally -- I don't think you realized you were misquoting him though as I am sure you just read it on some liberal site and copied it verbatim) with the intent of trying to make the case that our founders espoused an atheist point of view -- which can't be farther from the truth. What "ultra right wing propaganda" are you attacking in this thread?
                              Nothing personal Wu, your more fair minded than many. Just showing that one of the most staunch religious founding fathers was far more open minded than offend shown. As far the quote was unaware it is a partial-it came from a very well known quote site not known for leaning one way or another.

Comment

Nothing personal Wu, your more fair minded than many. Just showing that one of the most staunch religious founding fathers was far more open minded than offend shown. As far the quote was unaware it is a partial-it came from a very well known quote site not known for leaning one way or another.
                                I didn't take it personal, just wondering if something specific set ya off. I know how the quote stuff goes, easy mistake to make in this day and age. I see stuff signed "~ Kung Wu" all over the place that I never said. Like this one:

Kung Wu say: Man who passes gas in church, sits in his own pew!
                                I never said that!

Comment

Working...
                                X