No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The proverb says that Providence protects children and idiots. This is really true. I know it because I have tested it. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
      Steven Wright
      8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The power to tax is the power to destroy. A government which lays taxes on the people not required by urgent public necessity and sound public policy is not a protector of liberty, but an instrument of tyranny. -- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

Is it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities.
          Thomas Paine
          8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
            I
            s it not a species of blasphemy to call the New Testament revealed religion, when we see in it such contradictions and absurdities.
            Thomas Paine
            8)
            You think bible-bashing is cool?

You just lost any respect I had for you. Every. Last. Ounce.

Comment

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
              William Wallace
              8)

Comment

I have appointed a Secretary of Semantics - a most important post. He is to furnish me with forty to fifty dollar words. Tell me how to say yes and no in the same sentence without a contradiction. He is to tell me the combination of words that will put me against inflation in San Francisco and for it in New York. -- Harry S. Truman

Comment

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
                  Mark Twain
                  8)

Comment

Its name is Public Opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles everything. Some think it is the voice of God. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Its name is Barack Hussein Obama. It is held in reverence. It settles everything. Some think it is the voice of God.
                      Fixed to reflect the nation's new Deity. The man who doesn't need to go to church now that he is President.

Comment

Without food, man can live at most but a few weeks; without it, all other components of social justice are meaningless.
                        Norman Borlaug
                        The greatest man who ever lived! 8)

Comment

When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they were. -- John F. Kennedy

Comment

The way taxes are, you might as well marry for love.
                            Joe E. Lewis
                            8)

Comment

If you once forfeit the confidence of the your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can't fool all of the people all the time. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mere precedent is a dangerous source of authority -- Andrew Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X