No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
    Frank Zappa
    :panda:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "We establish no religion in this country, we command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate. All are free to believe or not believe, all are free to practice a faith or not, and those who believe are free, and should be free, to speak of and act on their belief. At the same time that our Constitution prohibits state establishment of religion, it protects the free exercise of all religions. And walking this fine line requires government to be strictly neutral."
      —Ronald Reagan
      :abnormal:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• There is nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on.
        Rod Serling

Comment

• I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
          Alexander the Great
          :smile-new:

Comment

• Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world.
            Robert Kennedy
            :listening_headphone

Comment

• We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.
              Carl Sagan
              :apple:

Comment

• “You need to think about what you say, Mr. Marshall,” he said. “Don’t be flippant about your remarks about the flagship institution.” -- KU Athletic Director

Comment

• I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
                  Larry Bird
                  :bball_spin:

Comment

• I want a Chief Executive whose public acts are responsible to all groups and obligated to none—who can attend any ceremony, service or dinner his office may appropriately require of him—and whose fulfillment of his Presidential oath is not limited or conditioned by any religious oath, ritual or obligation.
                    John F. Kennedy
                    :tongue-new:

Comment

• Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.

Camille Pissarro
                      :moon:

Comment

• One chance is all you need.
                        Jesse Owens
                        :apple:
                        Last edited by kcshocker11; July 3, 2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws.
                          Jim Morrison
                          :very_drunk:

RIP Jim July 3rd 1971

Comment

• Watched the BET awards the other night. The WET awards are on thursday at 7.

Comment

• When I was in junior high, I had a girlfriend named Grace. She was amazing.

Comment

• Genius is eternal patience.
                                Michelangelo
                                :moon:

Comment

Working...
                                X