No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or the virus just made it's way to Texas about 7 weeks ago in meaningful numbers.

Comment

• MLB just had to cancel a game already. 12 players and 2 coaches on the Marlins tested positive.

Any sport that can't operate in a bubble is really going to be hard to compete this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        MLB just had to cancel a game already. 12 players and 2 coaches on the Marlins tested positive.

Any sport that can't operate in a bubble is really going to be hard to compete this year

Everybody loves Hurley.

Comment

• Food for thought:

The average age of death in Kansas is 77.

The average age of death for Covid-19 patients in Kansas is 79.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 2 MLB games canceled today

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Food for thought:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Food for thought:

There are other bad outcomes with Covid besides death.

Prolonged symptom duration and disability are common in adults hospitalized with severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Characterizing return to baseline health among outpatients with milder...

In a multistate telephone survey of symptomatic adults who had a positive outpatient test result for SARS-CoV-2 infection, 35% had not returned to their usual state of health when interviewed 2–3 weeks after testing. Among persons aged 18–34 years with no chronic medical conditions, one in five had not returned to their usual state of health.
                https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/healt...ess/index.html

CNN expounds on an extreme but real example of the CDC's report. Watch the video.

There's gonna be a "Covid Syndrome" when this is all said and done. You can take that to the bank.

My advice remains: don't get infected if at all possible. Time is our friend against this insidious, alien disease.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  It was a rough night for me. Seems like the virus finally hit me hard. Up all night, cough, fever, chills. All of my joints hurt and I have a headache. It got better a few hours ago and I'm pushing acetaminophen. If this goes like it did for my wife, I should be through the worst of it by tomorrow and on to recovery.
                  Take it real easy bro. Don't rush things. And get a hold of a pulse/ox if your respiratory issues worsen. You wanna be real early to treatment if your oxygen levels dip. Do those breathing exercises as well, regardless if they hurt.

Comment

• Well crap!

Those face masks with breathing valves? They aren't effective, doctors say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...?ocid=msedgdhp

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/marlin...eason-sherman/

baseball

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Take it real easy bro. Don't rush things. And get a hold of a pulse/ox if your respiratory issues worsen. You wanna be real early to treatment if your oxygen levels dip. Do those breathing exercises as well, regardless if they hurt.
                        I'm not as qualified as you, but I definitely agree on the Oxymeter.

I have a friend who is really into instrumentation and he bought one about 2 months ago.

and I've heard people have presented and said they were fine UNTIL they checked their O2.

Perhaps I should buy one, but I'm pretty locked down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Well crap!

Those face masks with breathing valves? They aren't effective, doctors say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...?ocid=msedgdhp

Don’t worry, a bandanna will save you!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There are other bad outcomes with Covid besides death.

Prolonged symptom duration and disability are common in adults hospitalized with severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Characterizing return to baseline health among outpatients with milder...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/healt...ess/index.html

CNN expounds on an extreme but real example of the CDC's report. Watch the video.

There's gonna be a "Covid Syndrome" when this is all said and done. You can take that to the bank.

My advice remains: don't get infected if at all possible. Time is our friend against this insidious, alien disease.
                            I could have sworn recently you said you don't watch or quote CNN, MSNBC, etc...? Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Covid ‘rumpus‘...

Also, I love the dude fighting with his purse on, nice! At least, I think it's a dude. Hard to tell with the Miami crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I'm not as qualified as you, but I definitely agree on the Oxymeter.

I have a friend who is really into instrumentation and he bought one about 2 months ago.

and I've heard people have presented and said they were fine UNTIL they checked their O2.

Perhaps I should buy one, but I'm pretty locked down.
                                Yeah, happy hypoxia is a thing. Google it. I'm not gonna go into explaining it now. I'm sure I did already many dozens of pages back. It's absolutely ridiculous. Many folks that present to the ER with dbl pneumonia had "happy hypoxia" for days prior and didn't have any idea they were headed for a pulmonary train wreck. It's a simple device that can serve you well throughout your golden years - not just this pandemic. The typical way Influenza takes older people out is via pneumonia. Essentially people show up to the ER extremely sick with their lungs filling with fluid. Sometimes they can be saved and sometimes they cannot. The ones that can't, essentially drown. The good news is: if everybody had a pulse/ox at home and used it during respiratory illnesses, many, many lives would be saved. The moment you start seeing your oxy saturation heading south, you head to the ER ASAP.

Now, you can influence your lung condition (and thus your saturation) with breathing exercises and the device that I listed on my "tips and tricks" thread - IF YOU START EARLY. But sometimes you're gonna need medical attention regardless of your efforts if the SARS is kickin' ur arse.

I do hope nobody in this thread ever has a really bad outcome. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If I play a small part in that "ounce", I will have done my part as a netizen. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X