No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EO definitely needs more time. We are better when he is in the game. Maybe we just can't have him, Hall, and Cotton in at the same time. We would kill on the boards with those 3, and we could reak havoc with a press in an up and down game...but we cannot score in the halfcourt with them all in at the same time IMO.

Comment

• Shortly before Hall came back I posted my opinion that our offense seemed to be performing better, possibly because Carl wasn't the focal point and everyone was looking to score when the opportunities came. I certainly don't blame Carl - and it's difficult to argue we're a better team without him - but it just feels like our offense is keying on the same part of our game as our opponent's defense.

I like the idea of Hall just being another player out there. If the defense keys on him, we beat them in other ways. If they then soften up on Carl, he'll flourish.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Shortly before Hall came back I posted my opinion that our offense seemed to be performing better, possibly because Carl wasn't the focal point and everyone was looking to score when the opportunities came. I certainly don't blame Carl - and it's difficult to argue we're a better team without him - but it just feels like our offense is keying on the same part of our game as our opponent's defense.

I like the idea of Hall just being another player out there. If the defense keys on him, we beat them in other ways. If they then soften up on Carl, he'll flourish.
        +1
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Shortly before Hall came back I posted my opinion that our offense seemed to be performing better, possibly because Carl wasn't the focal point and everyone was looking to score when the opportunities came. I certainly don't blame Carl - and it's difficult to argue we're a better team without him - but it just feels like our offense is keying on the same part of our game as our opponent's defense.

I mostly agree with this. Hall should touch the ball often on offense. If for no other reasons than he is a threat to score and we play better when working inside out. But as others have pointed out, it's almost like his return meant others didn't have to work as hard. That's unacceptable.

I don't understand why Ehimen has been on the bench so much. He has progressed a TON this season and isn't a black hole on offense. Sure, he's not much of a threat to put up 20, but he has to be respected on the block and his defense is a game changer. I honestly think having Early play more SF would help this team. He has to be respected everywhere and can play well on both ends. But he gives us the offensive inside/out threat that must be dealt with and it wouldn't kill us on D. He's guarded some smaller guys this season and has done fine. He could still play some PF, but this dynamic would change a lot of things AND allow Ehimen to be a factor. Ehimen can't be that when he's playing 7 minutes.

I do wonder how much having Ehimen on the bench has negatively effected our D. Our guards like to pressure and will and do get beat. Ehimen is the mistake eraser. But again, he can't erase those mistakes when he's sitting next to Jans. Having his presence allows others to take risks knowing it may not kill us. I think they're still playing like that, but Hall isn't as scary on D to guards as Ehimen is.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I mostly agree with this. Hall should touch the ball often on offense. If for no other reasons than he is a threat to score and we play better when working inside out. But as others have pointed out, it's almost like his return meant others didn't have to work as hard. That's unacceptable.

I don't understand why Ehimen has been on the bench so much. He has progressed a TON this season and isn't a black hole on offense. Sure, he's not much of a threat to put up 20, but he has to be respected on the block and his defense is a game changer. I honestly think having Early play more SF would help this team. He has to be respected everywhere and can play well on both ends. But he gives us the offensive inside/out threat that must be dealt with and it wouldn't kill us on D. He's guarded some smaller guys this season and has done fine. He could still play some PF, but this dynamic would change a lot of things AND allow Ehimen to be a factor. Ehimen can't be that when he's playing 7 minutes.

I do wonder how much having Ehimen on the bench has negatively effected our D. Our guards like to pressure and will and do get beat. Ehimen is the mistake eraser. But again, he can't erase those mistakes when he's sitting next to Jans. Having his presence allows others to take risks knowing it may not kill us. I think they're still playing like that, but Hall isn't as scary on D to guards as Ehimen is.
            Agree completely. Also, our rebounding has been suffering when he is on the pine. EO blocks, and requires a player from the other team to block him out- so there is not 2 guys blocking Carl out. Most of our other players (Early,Cotton) come from the perimeter to rebound.

Comment

• Oh good, I'm not delusional.

The faster we can introduce the EO/Beast/Early front court the better off we'll be.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

So has our performance...
                EO's plus/minus the last 6 games:

ILLINOIS STATE * 18.3
                CREIGHTON * 9.4
                at Missouri State * 0.0
                BRADLEY * 12.8
                INDIANA STATE * -2.6
                at UNI * 24.2
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• a great night for EO to flourish
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 14-2 when eo plays more than 10 minutes. 5-3 otherwise... Why must we try to match up with the other teams line up? Why can't we force the other team to match us? We have a good zone, would that not cover for whatever speed matchup may arise on the defensive end? How does our 7 footer not get a touch with a 6 foot siu guard defending him?

Comment

• Yep. I really believe the other players have more confidence when he is in the game - the big 7 footer that can sky has my back. The defense is much better which leads to a few more easy baskets (which we so desperately need). How many baskets did Carl get this game at the 5? EO could surely get that many. Carl will score better at the 4, because the 5 will be on EO. Pretty simple.

Comment

• I simply don't understand 3Gs lack of using him lately
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I simply don't understand 3Gs lack of using him lately
                          While I agree with you, I'm sure Marshall would say that we've done enough defensively the past 3 games to win, but not done enough offensively to win. And that's where EO has little game.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• EO is injured, that is why he is playing less. He is in pain.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• How is he injured? What kind of pain? I thought his ankle sprain was pretty much behind him

Comment

• He's been playing with pain, favoring his weak leg, running strange, and basically just not healing. This is all per HCGM.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X