No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would have been nice if Orupke would have stayed closer to the basket to defend ISUs drives to the basket. Not as effective as a defender out on the perimeter.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Not to throw anyone under the bus, but I thought EO looked 'lost' last night... he probably wasn't ill, because he couldn't 'catch a cold'. Oh, I've always been an EO supporter and that won't change.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Not to throw anyone under the bus, but I thought EO looked 'lost' last night... he probably wasn't ill, because he couldn't 'catch a cold'. Oh, I've always been an EO supporter and that won't change.

He wasn't the only player looking "lost" last night. Actually, I only saw two sequences where he looked awkward. One, where we didn't pay attention to a pass coming his way near the free throw line. Second, late in the game where he failed during a Tree's breakaway to slap the ball off the backboard. How does our shot blocker not salivate on that opportunity and play fifi instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          He wasn't the only player looking "lost" last night. Actually, I only saw two sequences where he looked awkward. One, where we didn't pay attention to a pass coming his way near the free throw line. Second, late in the game where he failed during a Tree's breakaway to slap the ball off the backboard. How does our shot blocker not salivate on that opportunity and play fifi instead?
          In his defense on the first one, why on earth is the guard passing the ball right back to him? He'd just passed the ball and went to either screen someone or go to the block, hard to say, when the guard decided he didn't want anything to do with the ball. Don't remember which guard it was...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            In his defense on the first one, why on earth is the guard passing the ball right back to him? He'd just passed the ball and went to either screen someone or go to the block, hard to say, when the guard decided he didn't want anything to do with the ball. Don't remember which guard it was...
            It couldn't have been DWill, he doesn't pass it inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              It couldn't have been DWill, he doesn't pass it inside.
              It may have been his way of actually passing to a big without passing inside since he was still around the three point line
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• 3rd page again.

What is everyone thinking on him repeating his performance of 10pts, 9 brds, and 9 blocks?

I think that they might shy away from the lane with him in there this time.

Comment

• His time has been going down since Hall returned, so I don't think he can repeat that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    His time has been going down since Hall returned, so I don't think he can repeat that.
                    So has our performance...
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Hard to imagine Indy St getting easy layups with EO setting up shop in the lane....
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Hard to imagine Indy St getting easy layups with EO setting up shop in the lane....
                        One would think that. But he didn't get much time to clog the lane against them.

Comment

This is probably the wrong thread to bring this up, but I've been thinking the same thing and I was wondering if I was just being delusional. Without Hall we were scrappy and finding ways to win. Can't blame Carl, but I do wonder if the rest of the team thought since The Beast is back wins are just a given and they don't need to play with the same intensity.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I think that's a fair point RMS. Nobody wants to bring it up but the chemistry might have changed somewhat when Carl came back. Some players need to realize that Carl is a huge asset to our team and give him the ball. On the other hand, he's not gonna do ALL the ugly work. Instead of standing around watching and hoping Carl will grab every rebound, maybe other guys should crash the boards just as hard as they did without him in there. When teams are dribble driving on us, it would be nice to have EO back in there doing some swatting. I wonder how often the subject is brought up on Marshall's mind. The huge variances from offense to defense with this team are a real pain.

As for EO, I'm still wondering when his 18 point game is gonna come. We could sure use it.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I've wondered myself if Hall returning has pushed some of the guys out of the roles they had settled into and that is causing some of their problems. Marshall needs to help them figure this out quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                This is probably the wrong thread to bring this up, but I've been thinking the same thing and I was wondering if I was just being delusional. Without Hall we were scrappy and finding ways to win. Can't blame Carl, but I do wonder if the rest of the team thought since The Beast is back wins are just a given and they don't need to play with the same intensity.
                                With Hall back I don't think we've completely found our team chemistry. Before, everyone knew their role and team chemistry was good. Maybe other teams are just adjusting to us.

Also with Hall back, other teams are only guarding him down low. It's not like he's going to go outside and shoot a 3. When Cle was the main player, our opponents had to guard him anywhere on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X