Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wow

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
    How do you foul out in four minutes, anyway? That's amazing.

Bad officiating?

EO disinterested in the game?

Bess not feeling the need to pull EO?

All the above?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• So, I guess we can now ask the question, up to this point, exactly how much benefit has EO received from this year's play or his time at Three Rivers?

First, regardless of what is happening now, the fact that he is getting used to the American game, that has to be one benefit.

Second, getting him playing organized basketball after such a long hiatus is another benefit.

Third, the Wichita State staff gets a chance to evaluate his strengths/weaknesses. (I know... it would have been better if he could have stayed in Wichita).

Last, what other benefits do you see?

Comment

• Somebody else paid for two years of his education and only charged off one year of his eligibility - and it's one year of his eligibility where he wouldn't have had many minutes or game impact at WSU.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I guess they play tonight....would love to watch it...it might be available to watch here

I there is a radio link as well if the video doesent work

On Tuesday, the Three Rivers Raiders will be playing for the NJCAA District 4 championship and a spot at the national basketball tournament in Hutchinson, Kan.

The Three Rivers Community College basketball team won the Region XVI Championship on Saturday. The Raiders now will face the Region IV winner, Kankakee Community College of Illinois, at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the NJCAA District 4 Playoff at the Bess Activity Center on the TRCC campus. The winner of that game will advance to the NJCAA national tournament in Hutchinson, Kan.

Going into the game, the Raiders are 26-6 while Kankakee's record is 29-4.

The Raiders won the Region XVI Championship by defeating the Moberly Area Community College Greyhounds 74-59. The Raiders have now won seven straight region tournament games.
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• Fouling out in 4 minutes indicates being overly aggressive on defense.

EO has had plenty of time to get used to American ball. I don't think Nigerian ball is much different from ours. I think he needs the basics for a big man, and a big man's camp or two would help him a lot.

By all rights, a 7 footer in Junior College should be putting up good stats, and he just hasn't done that. Is he not being developed properly? Is he just not that talented? Is he a late bloomer? And why after 2 more years isn't his offensive better? You can hope all you want, but those players with talent usually show sparks of that talent in the stats they put up.

Comment

• I think he just sucks offensively and that he is a defensive monster that gets by on his athleticism, but commits too many fouls. The man is raw!!! He's like Shaq in "Blue Chips." He has not grasped the instruction he has been given thus far. If he gets it and works at it, he will be a stud at some point. If not...his playing time will be limited. Personally, I'm excited!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Well all you prognosticators can watch him live and judge for yourself

click on the mens basketball video
                1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUShokker
                  Well all you prognosticators can watch him live and judge for yourself

click on the mens basketball video
                  Watched the first 4 minutes and this could be a tough get through. Really sloppy passes. Henry has looked good and that's it so far.

Comment

• EO has played about 6 minutes maybe more and no fouls

Comment

• TRCC up 39-30 at the half.

Comment

• No doubt that Carter loves to penetrate and usually ends up with some points.

I don't think I've ever watch a game with as many substitutions. Bess has players going in and out like a busy highway.

EO had no fouls the first half and was in the game numerous times, probably 6-8 minutes. Diamond in the rough?? Maybe more like a lump of coal. He's got good speed, but didn't see much bball IQ or natural affinity for the game.

Comment

• Needs to be more aggressive. Needs a better understanding of rebounding position. Needs an "it's my ball" attitude. Looks a bit like a 7', more athletic version of Ellis. That's as a player, not physically.

When he's in the game, it changes the definition of an "easy" shot, 'cause shots near the basket aren't easy for the opponents.

It's scary to watch a guy his size go up in the air the way he does. Maybe he gets fouls called on hi a little quick 'cause it really looks like he could hurt people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                            Needs to be more aggressive. Needs a better understanding of rebounding position. Needs an "it's my ball" attitude. Looks a bit like a 7', more athletic version of Ellis. That's as a player, not physically.

When he's in the game, it changes the definition of an "easy" shot, 'cause shots near the basket aren't easy for the opponents.

It's scary to watch a guy his size go up in the air the way he does. Maybe he gets fouls called on hi a little quick 'cause it really looks like he could hurt people.
                            Looks more like a 7' soccer athlete playing basketball. To be fair, he's having a better 2nd half. I think he gets a lot of fouls called on him because he literally attacks the player shooting, rather than using his size and reach.

Comment

• We'll get to see EO and Carter in Hutch on Tuesday!!

Comment

• 90 to 75 TRCC
                                51pts in the second half

Carter had 23pts and 7 rebounds...did not hear his assists....no comments really about EO from coach Bess

Just got a close look at EO....man hes got some pipes on him...

Comment

Working...
                                X