No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As we all watch Anderson on the highlight reel on ESPN tonight just remember this. Mr. Anderson was denied his sequel high flying show when EO elevated so high, fsf got a nose bleed, then EO rejected that phase 2 attempt. As the King sang many moons ago "Return to sender baby, address unknown, no such numba, no such zone, no-sir-ee not in the House Of Shock!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• The big fella is not quite shining like I thought he would be by now. His last 4 games have been unspectacular. His presence in the paint cannot be understated, but that isn't enough for me. I expected him to be getting about 8-10 rebounds, 3-4 blocks, and 5-10 points a game by now. He looked to be heading towards that average several months ago, but has regressed in his development in my opinion. Early is no doubt taking a lot of the big fella's minutes - as he should.

I think EO should be getting more touches in the paint early in the game so he can get involved.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• At some point we may have to simply accept that at this stage in his career Ehimen simply does not have the skills or the instincts to be much of a factor on the offensive end other than as a strong offensive rebounder and a good screener which definitely has its value.

Ehimen is what he is and that is a key component of a very good Shocker basketball team. There may well yet be those games where the matchups work in favor of Ehimen and he will be more of a factor than in other games. All-in-all though Ehimen has enough going for him that he plays 17 minutes a game for a very good D-1 basketball team. A team that has enough other weapons that we do not need Ehimen to be any more than what he is at this stage of his development.

As far as character goes he is as good as we've got. You would always like more but I'm thankful for Ehimen's contributions to Shocker basketball.

Comment

• Time is running short on that 18 point game. Wednesday is pretty much do-or-die.

I still love EO on the other side of the ball as the Eraser though.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            The big fella is not quite shining like I thought he would be by now. His last 4 games have been unspectacular. His presence in the paint cannot be understated, but that isn't enough for me. I expected him to be getting about 8-10 rebounds, 3-4 blocks, and 5-10 points a game by now. He looked to be heading towards that average several months ago, but has regressed in his development in my opinion. Early is no doubt taking a lot of the big fella's minutes - as he should.

I think EO should be getting more touches in the paint early in the game so he can get involved.

T

He's gonna give us that game still. It ain't over. I'm holding out until I can't anymore.

All our other seniors have had fantastic seasons and EO has had a very good one as well. He can still make a big mark by pulling an Iowa or even better, a so ill in a huge game and prolonging this season. That would do it for me.

Comment

• I just got my #watchus senior night notification. I'm very happy for Malcolm, Beast, and DWill. I feel like those three really reached their potential and gave us all they had. But when I look at EO I am left with an empty feeling.. I really wish we had him for another year. I know the year is not over yet. He's got to have something left to show us right?

T

Comment

• He's gonna catch the 'my college career is ending' bug and do something ridiculous at some point in the next few games. He is going to check the number of posts in this thread and do something that lives up to it.

Comment

• I want so bad for EO to have just one game where he does a bunch of sit ins and back downs and hooks/layups. Just once big fella.

I suppose I would settle for another faked free throw miss/personal assist for the jam.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    He's gonna catch the 'my college career is ending' bug and do something ridiculous at some point in the next few games. He is going to check the number of posts in this thread and do something that lives up to it.
                    You mean like jump 13 feet in the air and swat a ball away that is still going UP to save the game against a 200ish RPI Valley opponent?

That block was freakish, if you can get past the horrible call and consequence.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It was a block the refs have seen so little of, they assumed its out of the ordinary nature meant it must be a goaltending. It was a feel call instead of the right call. I guess that's what you get for not being slow and unathletic.

That moment should have been a highlight for the big guy.

Comment

• Every little thing she does is magic
                        Everything she do just turns me on
                        Every little thing, every little thing she does is magic, magic, magic.

EO, EO, EO, EO!!!

Comment

• He played a very good game last night. Much better than the other seniors. We're really going to miss this kid.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            He played a very good game last night. Much better than the other seniors. We're really going to miss this kid.
                            you make alot of good posts including this one. have not taken the time to read all of
                            the views here on EO but i, for one, have been a huge fan of his. never saw a night he
                            didn't come to play and help the team. very unselfish guy who has been a BIG
                            contributor to this teams success. wish all the guys had his heart and unselfish
                            attitude.

Comment

• One regular season game left for EO. Does he have a big defensive game today, enabling us to a conference title and solidify his legacy or does he play a mediocre game resulting in a loss and a second place finish? Not trying to hang the outcome on him alone. Just thinking about him.

Either way, he has been good for the program this year. The question is, how will he finish?

Comment

• EO has a chance to be a significant contributor today. We know he will play 14-18 minutes. During that time hold GE to less than 6 points and 4 rebounds. Protect the basket when SoW tries to back smaller defenders into the block. EO has not rebounded well overall lately, except for a couple of games he attacked the offensive glass. He needs to own the boards to the tune of 8 or 9 rebounds. It would be awesome to see a couple of follow up dunks to quiet the crowd. Aside from that keep the ball out of his hands. Let the big guy do what he does well and let's roll over the Jay Birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X