No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope EO continues to improve. If he does we could be pretty good next year.

Comment

• EO plays some good D., can rebound, set picks, and showed some improvement this Season. If he could really develop his offense and scoring during the off-Season, more minutes will come his way.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• All he needs is a point guard that can get it to him so he can dunk it. I think VanVleet is that type of point guard. The only question is how quick can VanVleet learn the system?

Comment

• I won't be surprised, and I hopefully won't be disappointed. If EO improves over this off-season like he did last off season, I see no reason he cannot outduel his counterpart at Creighton. Defensively, be more selective on which shots to try to block, and stay out of fould trouble. Altering a shot is fine, it doesn't always have to be blocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            All he needs is a point guard that can get it to him so he can dunk it. I think VanVleet is that type of point guard. The only question is how quick can VanVleet learn the system?
            DWill had several games where he penetrated nicely and made some nifty passes to the bigs. He just wasn't asked to do it that often this season.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              DWill had several games where he penetrated nicely and made some nifty passes to the bigs. He just wasn't asked to do it that often this season.
              When we were peaking as a team, D-Will entered our line-up. However, in the VCU game, the traps complexed him and the pine time followed. We will be so heavy with guards next season, I am not even sure who will get the most minutes. Yes, D-Will found his niche during our peak time, made some fancy-smansy passes, played some solid D. and that that contributed to our success. Let's hope D-Will saves the best for last and has a banner Senior Season.

However, this thread is about EO. This is the last Season for EO. Heavens know we are all on his side and want him to have a banner Senior year. However, the influx of new players in a Season of rebuilding will demand that EO finds a way to provide our beloved Shox some OFFENSE. Yes, it has been well chronicled that EO can block shots, play some D, set some picks, etc. However, we need EO to bring some solid Offense to the table this up and coming rebuidling Season. Otherwise, a limited role could be the common denominator of EO. We are on your side EO. Develop your strenghts but work towards a 'quantom leap' in your ability to score more points and provide us with some offense. No matter what happens, Shocker Nation loves the fact that EO is a Shocker!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• EO has the best basketball body in perhaps the history of Wichita State. If somebody could download basketball into his brain like Neo had Kung Fu downloaded into his, we'd be set. At this point I say EO starts peaking 3 or 4 years past Wichita State. He could still very well go to the NBA though. His mother and father gave him the hardest asset to acquire.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I believe EO will also work hard and improve over the spring, summer and fall. To what degree is up for grabs however. Some on this board believe he will start at the 5. I am a bit more realistic to think he will be a great change of pace backup to Carl Hall at the 5 and play about 10-12 minutes per game. His athleticism for a 7-footer can't be ignored. Yes, there will be times (not very often however) when EO and Hall will play at the same time.

I have heard many talk about the great strides EO made this year. I am curious on what areas he has improved the most and what areas (offensive production being obvious) need the most improvement?

Comment

• If Wiggins heads to WSU and with Early already in the fold I believe we will not need as much offense from EO. What we will need are rebounds and solid defense.
                    His offense can come from O rebounds and dunks. Just keep the fouls under control.
                    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
                      If Wiggins heads to WSU and with Early already in the fold I believe we will not need as much offense from EO. What we will need are rebounds and solid defense.
                      His offense can come from O rebounds and dunks. Just keep the fouls under control.
                      He is a very good defensive rebounder, but not so good on the offensive glass.

Comment

• EO can be a difference maker on defense. So far it looks like he has hands of stone. If he can learn to catch and shoot or pass look out.

Comment

• 124 pages on a player who has contributed next to nothing on the court. Geesh! I will say however that going up against GS in practice helped GS become a better player and his academic achievements should be noted as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                            EO can be a difference maker on defense. So far it looks like he has hands of stone. If he can learn to catch and shoot or pass look out.
                            He made good strides in blocking shots this season, as well as making better decisions with the ball, resulting in less TO's. What concerns me is that his point and rebounding productions (based on stats over a 40 minute game) were down.

He played 7-8 minutes per game, which is deceiving because most of his minutes earned were against the Bradley's, SIU's and other lower division MVC teams. Over the last 10 games of the year EO played more than 6 minutes ONE time (12 minutes in the 81-58 Drake blowout). He logged ZERO minutes twice in that period.

Many on this board believe he made great progress this year. The numbers just don't back that up. His ceiling seems to be a 12-14 minute backup to Carl Hall at the post next year. It's hard to make a case for anything else, although I would love to eat crow baked, fried, grilled, seared or other for EO to be that freak of an athlete that has been talked about for 5 years on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              It's hard to make a case for anything else, although I would love to eat crow baked, fried, grilled, seared or other for EO to be that freak of an athlete that has been talked about for 5 years on this board.
                              How about raw ? ;-) Alot of people wrote Stutz off last season. I think there is a lot of soul searching that goes on between a players Jr and Sr seasons. It would be nice if EO could go to a big man camp.

IMHO, he showed a much better BB IQ and his footwork and positioning was light years ahead of 10-11. I'm sure that 3G has identified areas for improvement and let EO know that the clock is ticking.

I also think that as GS played better.....EO became a better cheerleader. He was in the VCU game for a few minutes and had his guy posted up but didn't get the ball.

EO is catching up to the game. Let's hope he catches up before his time at WSU runs out.

Comment

• I would rather have him one more year than not have him. Good kid and very fun to watch. I hope he gets a ton of minutes next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X