Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
    How about raw ? ;-) Alot of people wrote Stutz off last season. I think there is a lot of soul searching that goes on between a players Jr and Sr seasons. It would be nice if EO could go to a big man camp.

IMHO, he showed a much better BB IQ and his footwork and positioning was light years ahead of 10-11. I'm sure that 3G has identified areas for improvement and let EO know that the clock is ticking.

I also think that as GS played better.....EO became a better cheerleader. He was in the VCU game for a few minutes and had his guy posted up but didn't get the ball.

EO is catching up to the game. Let's hope he catches up before his time at WSU runs out.
    Even I draw a line on raw crow.

Comment

• I hope he is in the gym now

Comment

• If he gets enough minutes he will beat out break-a-knee-kay for valley DPOY next year. Any offense will be gravy after that. Or in the words of FSF "groovy"

Comment

• Originally posted by WSU757 View Post
          If he gets enough minutes he will beat out break-a-knee-kay for valley DPOY next year. Any offense will be gravy after that. Or in the words of FSF "groovy"
          Agree.

Comment

• Had the chance to meet him last night. Semmed pretty happy

Comment

• 3.7 gpa in math. His future so bright hes makin good grades gotta wear shades
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• EO's biggest "improvement" toward getting minutes next year is not having GS eat up the minutes in front of him.
                Early in the season he was not really given the opportunity to play with the "regulars," so it is very difficult to look impressive.
                GS averaged 24.6 and EO 7.8. Yes, there's another 7.6 available at the 5, but CH is really more a 5 than a 4. CH already averages 22, so if he takes 6 of GS's 24, that leaves 18 to be replaced by EO or somebody else. I don't think EO will be playing 25. I expect him to be in the 18 range, however. He averaged 5.9 fouls per 40 minutes, so that will limit minutes in some situations.
                With EO in the game, we can really turn the heat up on the pressure defense which will create steals and easy baskets. Part of the offense I expect from EO is the credit I give him for his "effect" on those easy basket opportunities.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• EO will better learn not to foul with more PT. And you're right. Without Garrett there, there are plenty of minutes available for a defensive beast who will prevent others from getting easy baskets. He'll also get more comfortable on offense and figure out what does and doesn't work. There's no doubt the kid works very hard to improve his game and become better.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I beleive HCGM will start next season focused on the defensive side of the equation. As a result, I think EO will receive a lot more minutes and will be a starter in the first game.

I could see us being a lot like VCU with the following line-up until the newcomers buy-in to the system, conditioning, and intensity of WSU basketball.

Starting:
                    Armstead
                    Williams
                    Cotton
                    Hall
                    EO

The problem with my proposed line-up is Hall's lack of demonstrated diversity on the offensive end.

The upside with this line-up is speed, system knowledge, and ability to play some crazy pressure defense.

Comment

• Playing pressure defense with EO as the goalie is a potential trademark for next year's team.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Oh, but Early will be starting.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          Oh, but Early will be starting.
                          Yes Trop, I concur with this statement.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I would love to see this thread get to 200 pages before EO plays his first NBA game. :friendly_wink:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                              I would love to see this thread get to 200 pages before EO plays his first NBA game. :friendly_wink:
                              Just what exactly makes you think EO is going to play in the NBA?

I have no doubt there is a pay-for-play scenario out there for EO, but not in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                Just what exactly makes you think EO is going to play in the NBA?

I have no doubt there is a pay-for-play scenario out there for EO, but not in the NBA.
                                He has a rare combination of height and athleticism, is ripped, and the stuff he lacks can be learned. Look for him to start in the d-league and work his way up. He will play in the NBA, if he continues to play ball. He is simply too rare.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X