No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EO can definitly keep up racing up and down the court and is a skywalker. Anytime you can get the oooohs and ahhs of a big crowd, you are on to something positive. EO get's those 'crowd pleasing responses' on his ability to block and swat shots. My main thing is I want him to block shots in a way that we can end up with the ball because he can slap the rock silly on his blocks.

Here is how EO can help us offensively. I doubt he has that many games he scores in the teens at the D-1 level early on, although I hope he does. It has been well chronicled how EO blocks and alters shots on defense. However, even if he is not scoring oodles of points, he could become a Monster Rebounder in time. Rebounds=Shocker possessions=offense? Can u dig that? We will have our fair share of scorers in our arsenal.

Let's get back to offense with EO. He can dunk with ease if he dosen't try to tear down the hoop down. His shot from 10' on in is really not bad. He also made some nice outlet passes to teammates for easy lay-ups the game I attended. EO has decent foot work but has not mastered how to get open in key spots to receive the ball. These are areas that our Coaching Staff can assist him to develop. This to me is the paramount question. Just how hard is EO willing to work? Kerry can teach him how to bulk up. Our Coaching Staff can teach him the game and the moves. From there, it is up to EO as to just how good he wants to be. He oozes with talent and potential which is obviously why Coach Marshall did triple-duty getting him signed.

It did my soul fine to see Mr. Stutz and Mr. Hamilton there that day to offer their support. This summer, I hope they realize just how much they could all help each other get really better. It's all good. Groovy!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I loved his 10' turn around jumper last night as well as a couple really nice passes he made, but last night and the 1st game of the tournament. I enjoyed watching him last night and hope to make it up again tonight.

Comment

• EO

Here is some more background on EO for Veritas above who wonders what all the fuss is about. In EO's Sr year in Africa, he played in a NBA sponsored tournament which featured teams from all over Africa as I understand it. From his showing there, he made the NBA African All-Star team which consisted of around 8-10 players. One of them was Raphael Apkejori (Sp?0 who spent time here in Wichtia at Sunrise Academy after suffering a leg injury of some kind while playing AAU ball back East. He signed with a team from Florida this part fall during the early signing period if I recall correctly. After EO's senior year, someone posted a picture of him in a game where he was jumping so high that his elbow was above the rim! I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when Marshall's staff has a chance to work with him awhile.

Comment

• I'll add a bit to what xaz said about the NBA camp. They also projected Orukpe as the number 1 big man NBA prospect in Africa.

EO wants to play in the NBA. Some comments I've read from him and looking at his physical development (with no shirt he's got the body frame and makeup of a buffed out 6'6" guy), he will do anything asked of him if it improves his likelihood or income possibilities in the NBA.

From all reports, EO is a pretty bright guy. From what we can tell from his JuCo years, he seems to have an outstanding work ethic. Just the fact that he's 7' tall, is a leaper at that height, and can run the court with guards is likely to get him to the NBA, even if he's drafted for his "potential development" after college.

Let's see - a 7' guy who can jump out of the building and get down court in transition in time to be the guy who finishes - hmmm. Not much on offense and doesn't have a good grasp of rebounding position, but alters the game on defense as a Fr in JuCo - hmmm. Would you like to see that on a team you support? I know I would - just to see if any part of his potential can be realized while I get to watch.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• After seeing EO play twice in person and a couple of other times on-line, I'm calling my stock broker Monday and telling him to purchase EO stock... and from what I've learned from assistant coaches at the Juco tournament, there's 300+ division one schools that would love to trade places with WSU and would take EO in a 'New York minute'. The upside is
            unlimited.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• :good: bump that!!!!!!! 2--7 footers--Shocker--twintowers--and THAT is what we are talkin about!!!!!!!

Comment

• In addition to many other things EO will bring to the party, imagine him at the point of a 3-2 zone, which by the way we should play a little more of.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                  In addition to many other things EO will bring to the party, imagine him at the point of a 3-2 zone, which by the way we should play a little more of.
                  Our perimeter defense was fine, but that was because we sacrificed dribble penetration to guard the outside. That's why we need a shot blocker to guard the paint.

Comment

• and we will have the 'look of swagger' at airports

Comment

• Was being a little facetious about the EO 3-2 zone thing...and you are dead on about allowing dribble penetration. About the only thing we might gain from #3 graduation is a quicker backcourt with DW & the mysterious new PG, which will assured be quick of feet.

Comment

• Just enjoyed watching UNI win a big one. Now I must prepare to watch 3R and Ehimen win a big one!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Is there a place to watch the game online?

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02
                              Is there a place to watch the game online?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                                http://www.njcaa.org/tv/
                                Does it not come on until gametime?

Comment

Working...
                                X