Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta town
    1 pt, 5 rebs, 3 blks in 15 minutes of play
    I'm sure MTXE (aka Cold) will be blaming Gene Bess for this impressive box score.
    SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by SFL
      Originally posted by Ta town
      I'm sure MTXE (aka Cold) will be blaming Gene Bess for this impressive box score.
      naw, it's the plethora of 6'4"-6'6" players in the juco ranks. it's hard for 7 footers to play against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
        How did the game end up? And what stats did Orukpe have in this game?

TRCC really needs to have a separate section for sports on their site, especially Basketball. I would think that Coach Bess would insist on this!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus aurelius
          Originally posted by Snapshot9
          How did the game end up? And what stats did Orukpe have in this game?

TRCC really needs to have a separate section for sports on their site, especially Basketball. I would think that Coach Bess would insist on this!!!

http://trcc.edu/athletics/basketballmen.php
          wait you mean all you had to do was click the "athletics" tab?

/harrycarey HOLY COW!

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker
            Originally posted by SFL
            Originally posted by Ta town
            naw, it's the plethora of 6'4"-6'6" players in the juco ranks. it's hard for 7 footers to play against them.
            RE: 6'4"-6'6" players:
            So we should expect a bad game from him on 2/27 when he'll be facing Shorter College ?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH... oh, I KILL me! HAHAHHAAHAHAHA
            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• 1 point, doesn't TRCC get the ball into their post players? I must admit I am a little worried that if EO is not a standout in Junior College ball, it makes me wonder just how much value he will be to the Shockers at the D-1 level.

Here are EO's stats:

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                1 point, doesn't TRCC get the ball into their post players? I must admit I am a little worried that if EO is not a standout in Junior College ball, it makes me wonder just how much value he will be to the Shockers at the D-1 level.

They do tend to look to pass to the other post man(Henry) much more than they do EO. Frankly, EO hasn't displayed much propensity for scoring with his back to the basket. Most of his points come on stickbacks. He doesn't seem to work too hard to seal off the defender, but maybe it's because he doesn't expect to receive too many passes anyway- this poses the chicken/egg question....

Comment

• There is no doubt that EO is a project but he has alot of qualities that you cannot teach:

7' + tall
                  Runs like a gazelle
                  Crazy athletism
                  Lighting bolts coming out his arse

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• Oh, he definitely can make an impact on a game, even on the defensive end alone....

Comment

Oh, he definitely can make an impact on a game, even on the defensive end alone....
                      Also only 1 foul in 15 minutes with 3 blocks is not bad either. Im not looking for EO to carry this team...or this thread especially next year. I hope he does what he does in that is to have a impact on the defensive end and learn to play some O with Durley, Blair and Stuz ...Scary Scary Scary for anyone we play....He will be just fine

plus I think this is my first or second post in this thread....I finally had to pile on the dog pile...woof woof

thanks alot Marcus Arelius for all your kind and thoughtful input its much appreciated
                      1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        1 point, doesn't TRCC get the ball into their post players? I must admit I am a little worried that if EO is not a standout in Junior College ball, it makes me wonder just how much value he will be to the Shockers at the D-1 level.

They do tend to look to pass to the other post man(Henry) much more than they do EO. Frankly, EO hasn't displayed much propensity for scoring with his back to the basket. Most of his points come on stickbacks. He doesn't seem to work too hard to seal off the defender, but maybe it's because he doesn't expect to receive too many passes anyway- this poses the chicken/egg question....
                        I noticed that myself. Henry is definitely the receiver of most of the passes to the post. Of course he plays on the first line and most likely has better guards to work with.

EO doesn't demand the ball all the time and plays sort of opportunistically. I wonder if he just doesn't take JUCO ball that seriously. Nearly all of the players on his team are playing JUCO ball because they didn't have a choice. EO is there because of a paperwork issue. If his transcripts would have been recovered, he would have been playing for a top 40 division one team. If his attitude conveys that in the locker room, he won't have a lot of friends on the court.

EO is a bright kid with loads of natural basketball talent who's looking forward to three years of division one basketball in one of the greater environments in the nation with a team that could very likely be challenging for the NCAA Tournament his entire career. That is a lot to be jealous of. If EO is even a little bit cocky, he would be in trouble.

What I am about to say might be a bit "off-color", and I apologize if I offend anyone, but foreign Africans don't always get along that well with African Americans. It is a well known issue among sociology circles. One group feels and makes known their feelings of superiority over the other group. I was reading an article about this not too long ago. I have no idea if EO has any relationship issues at Three Rivers. I merely stated a coincidental fact.

Comment

• TRCC won Monday 103-48. EO had 10 pts. (5-7), 9 rebounds, 1 block, 3 fouls, 1 TO in 17 minutes.

:poster_eo:

Comment

• Originally posted by sekshoxfan
                            TRCC won Monday 103-48. EO had 10 pts. (5-7), 9 rebounds, 1 block, 3 fouls, 1 TO in 17 minutes.

:poster_eo:

http://cybersportsusa.com/statHoopMe...9&sch_id=67547
                            I like that kind of improvement! Only 3 fouls! :clap:

Comment

• Only one block?

:whistle:

:innocent:

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                Only one block?

:whistle:

:innocent:
                                That may explain the only 3 fouls.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X