No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember Pettway at Hutch and OSU. He looked fantastic in warm ups but he never made anything happen. OE could be in the same category. Tempered expectations are needed.

Comment

• EO DNP against an overmatched Bevill State squad. TRCC was up 21 at halftime.

Next action is Sat. night at home.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Overmatched or not that is very strange that he did not play. Injured?

Comment

• Let's just hope he didn't go home for Xmas break. :roll:
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
            Let's just hope he didn't go home for Xmas break. :roll:
            NOT FUNNY!

;-)

Comment

• I just have a few questions.

If we don't expect him to be a player who will make a difference, why do we have 111 pages of posts (and growing) on this poor young man?

I appreciate the attempt, now, to try and take some of the pressure off of him. But we shockernet fans have built him into a superman and have no one to blame for creating this pressure on the player but ourselves.

Unfortunately, we have through our unbridled exuberance created expectations whereby it would be nearly impossible for any young athlete to achieve. So it remains, just how are we as rabid fans going to react when he doesn't achieve these loftly goals?

For his sake, I hope he turns out to be a decent player and has a wonderful and enjoyable career as a Shocker.

Perhaps we ought to learn a lesson from these 111 pages or perhaps we ought just to eliminate them in their entirety and start anew.

Comment

• This thread has a life of its own totally unrelated to the actual performance and potential of EO

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime
                  This thread has a life of its own totally unrelated to the actual performance and potential of EO
                  :yes:

And I think he's smart enough to have figured that out.

Comment

• EO has a stress fracture. Not sure how serious it is or how long he will be out.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus aurelius
                      EO has a stress fracture. Not sure how serious it is or how long he will be out.
                      its best to judge these things in amounts of EO posting pages! :D :posterwu: 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock
                        I just have a few questions.

If we don't expect him to be a player who will make a difference, why do we have 111 pages of posts (and growing) on this poor young man?

I appreciate the attempt, now, to try and take some of the pressure off of him. But we shockernet fans have built him into a superman and have no one to blame for creating this pressure on the player but ourselves.

Unfortunately, we have through our unbridled exuberance created expectations whereby it would be nearly impossible for any young athlete to achieve. So it remains, just how are we as rabid fans going to react when he doesn't achieve these loftly goals?

For his sake, I hope he turns out to be a decent player and has a wonderful and enjoyable career as a Shocker.

Perhaps we ought to learn a lesson from these 111 pages or perhaps we ought just to eliminate them in their entirety and start anew.
                        Also, keep in mind that most players don't have a three-year recruiting saga to keep track of. The first post in this thread was made in Nov. of 2007.

Comment

• Much of this has been in fun. Ehimen will be a solid contributor to this program before he's done and should be a defensive presence.

I hope he takes it easy with the injury. Get it healed and get to Wichita!
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If you haven't met the young man, or don't know some of his background, then it might be hard to understand that there is little doubt Ehimen is going to be an extraordinarily successful individual, regardless of how he performs on the court.

He is an outstanding young man who has endured more in his short life than most of us can fathom. He'll be great, no matter what he does or does not accomplish 94 X 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus aurelius
                              EO has a stress fracture. Not sure how serious it is or how long he will be out.
                              Thanks for the info and please keep us informed if you can. :cry:

Comment

• Fracture

Originally posted by marcus aurelius
                                He probably tried to print out this thread and dropped it on his foot.

By the way, Antoine Carr had a stress fracture early in his life as a Shocker and things worked out fine for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X