Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    What was impressive is that we/he was rebounding the blocks. They werent just thrown in the stands, keeping possession with SIU. We were gaining possession off of the blocks.
    I helped keep stats some in high school back in the 80s. The coach told us not to credit our player with a block unless we also got posession as a result.

Comment

• What was also impressive to me was that on a night where only two Shocks scored in double digits -- how often does that happen under Marshall? -- one of them was Orukpe. How many of his critics saw that coming? (For that matter, how many of his backers could have imagined it?)

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        What was also impressive to me was that on a night where only two Shocks scored in double digits -- how often does that happen under Marshall? -- one of them was Orukpe. How many of his critics saw that coming? (For that matter, how many of his backers could have imagined it?)
        I think many expected that he could get the other numbers he had but not all of them with the points in the same game.

Comment

• Here's something that Orukpe does for the team that's easy to overlook. These are the Steals stats from conference play:

1. Simms-Edwards, D.-BU SR 4 18 4.5
          2. Lemon Jr., Walt-BU JR 4 12 3.0
          3. Odum, Jake-INS JR 4 10 2.5
          Koch, Jake-UNI SR 4 10 2.5
          5. Brown,Tyler-ILS SR 4 9 2.3
          6. Armstead, Malcolm-WSU SR 4 8 2.0
          Downing,Anthony-MSU SR 4 8 2.0
          8. Cotton, Tekele-WSU SO 4 7 1.8
          Williams, Demetric-WSU SR 4 7 1.8
          10. Van Vleet, Fred-WSU FR 4 6 1.5
          Early, Jeff-SIU SR 4 6 1.5
          WSU's guards get to play the game a little different when the goalie is in the house.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Here's something that Orukpe does for the team that's easy to overlook. These are the Steals stats from conference play:

WSU's guards get to play the game a little different when the goalie is in the house.
            This is a great point, Aargh. Some of the credit for the all-time steals record we are sure to set has to be given to EO and when he's been in there and when he returns, Hall's as well.

Comment

Here's something that Orukpe does for the team that's easy to overlook. These are the Steals stats from conference play:

Just playin' devil's advocate, but with BU's best shot block, Egolf, having missed 3 of the 4 conference games, I wonder how #1 and #2 are able "to play the game a little different" having more steals total than all 4 of WSU's guards?

Comment

In our four conference games:
                Game Steals by others with EO in Steals By EO Steals when EO is out
                1 3 0 6
                2 9 2 2
                3 7 1 2
                4 4 0 2
                Totals 23 3 12
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Just playin' devil's advocate, but with BU's best shot block, Egolf, having missed 3 of the 4 conference games, I wonder how #1 and #2 are able "to play the game a little different" having more steals total than all 4 of WSU's guards?
                  Also Malcolm set the school record for steals at Oregon. When you have a senior PG like that, it challenges other players to compete with him.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    In our four conference games:
                    Game Steals by others with EO in Steals By EO Steals when EO is out
                    1 3 0 6
                    2 9 2 2
                    3 7 1 2
                    4 4 0 2
                    Totals 23 3 12
                    Nice.

How many minutes did EO average across those games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Nice.

How many minutes did EO average across those games?
                      He had 20, 29, 29, 27.

Comment

When you have an eraser, the guards can get the lead out!

Comment

• Any more, when EO comes out of the game, i am not comfee. This was not always the case. When Hall returns, I wonder if Early, Hall, and EO would all be in the game together at times? Now That would elate me.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            The difference is Bradley loses the game. They play that way and also give up the middle and lose. We play that way with 4 guys instead of 2 and the middle is covered....so we win the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              He had 20, 29, 29, 27.
                              Interesting. So that's an average of 26.25 minutes across all four games, which is darn near exactly 66% of the duration of a game.

1/3 of the time our guys got 12 steals (the time EO wasn't on the court), and the other 2/3 of the time they got 26 steals (when EO was on the court). All I can conclude is that our steals numbers aren't affected up or down either way when EO is on the court.

Now blocks and altered shots on the other hand ... there is no doubt. And if you combine those with the steals numbers, the overall defense numbers go nuts.

@im4wsu: ... can you show the other team's turnovers when EO is in compared with not in during those same four games?
                              Last edited by Kung Wu; January 12, 2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Interesting. So that's an average of 26.25 minutes across all four games, which is darn near exactly 66% of the duration of a game.

1/3 of the time our guys got 12 steals (the time EO wasn't on the court), and the other 2/3 of the time they got 26 steals (when EO was on the court). All I can conclude is that our steals numbers aren't effected up or down either way when EO is on the court.

Now blocks and altered shots on the other hand ... there is no doubt. And if you combine those with the steals numbers, the overall defense numbers go nuts.

@im4wsu ... can you show the other team's turnovers when EO is in compared with not in during those same four games?
                                In the last three games,however, it is 20 to 6 when EO is on the ocurt versus not on the court. I think it deserves further evaluation.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X