No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats anyone? Or, did the ankle injury prevent his play?

If we are to assume that EO will be here in 10-11, this is what our current line-up might look like:

PG; 6-4 so Manigault
    SG; 6-4 jr Murry
    SF; 6-8 sr Blair
    PF; 6-7 sr Durley
    C; 7-0 so Orukpe

off the bench:

PG; unknown
    SG; 6-3 jr Kyles
    SF; 6-8 so Coy
    PF; 6-9 sr Ellis
    C; 7-0 jr Stutz

and oh yeah, 6-4 sr Hatch and 6-8 fr Hamilton.

If the current roster stays in place, we will run with three legit forwards on the court at a time! I really hope that is the way it works out! Can you say killer zone?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
      Stats anyone? Or, did the ankle injury prevent his play?

If we are to assume that EO will be here in 10-11, this is what our current line-up might look like:

PG; 6-4 so Manigault
      SG; 6-4 jr Murry
      SF; 6-8 sr Blair
      PF; 6-7 sr Durley
      C; 7-0 so Orukpe

off the bench:

PG; unknown
      SG; 6-3 jr Kyles
      SF; 6-8 so Coy
      PF; 6-9 sr Ellis
      C; 7-0 jr Stutz

and oh yeah, 6-4 sr Hatch and 6-8 fr Hamilton.

If the current roster stays in place, we will run with three legit forwards on the court at a time! I really hope that is the way it works out! Can you say killer zone?
      If Stutz is starting his third year in GM's system and EO is starting his first year in the program, I think it is more likely that Stutz will start and Orukpe will come off the bench.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• very possible. just speculation. Hatch and/or Kyles might start too.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• One of us has an uneasy feeling about this that will not go away until he's here and has signed financial aid papers. When the BCS schools come calling they're going to be hard to resist.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            Originally posted by shockmonster
            What's his name?
            Raphael Akpejiori

I apologize, but I cannot find your post, which caused Shockmonster's reply.

Please elaborate on Raphael Akpejiori.

I noticed the photo was taken in Koch Arena.

Thank you.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Please see thread on him. Thank you.
              Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• Raphael Akpejiori Recruiting Thread

Comment

• wufan - I'm not sure Blair will see any SF. He played center before coming here and wanted to play PF. I don't know what his range is, but Durley is probably a better outside shot.

Comment

• I don't see Blair playing SF either. I'd substitute Coy in for him up there.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Coy probably more Wilson-like. Offensively a 3, defensively a 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                        Coy probably more Wilson-like. Offensively a 3, defensively a 4.
                        That certainly may be true (the comments from Marshall have seemed to suggest that they are comfortable with him at the 3 on offense, but unsure about on defense).

The one thing, in my mind, that could improve his chances of playing the three (aside from just showing the quickness to do so naturally) is improved shot-blocking in the post. If it becomes tough for people to get off shots in the lane, we may be able to afford to have Coy at the 3 and risk someone driving past him on occasion.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I'm not sure about all of you, but this up and coming Season should offer an array of quality depth at each position more so than quite some time. We can play small ball, field a very tough defensive lineup for certain match-up needs, or field a taller team that could man the boards, etc, etc, etc. The best part is we are not done yet. We have up to 2 more unsigned spots to fill soon. Since Vegas, we have taken our fair share of hard-knocks. Now we are evolving back to a team that is building and improving each Season and in due time heading to places we all long to visit.

Just how far can we leap forward next Season? As our foundational players such as Hannah, Toure', Hatch, JT, Kyles, Stutz, etc. keep improving, we are adding some fine young guns to the fold to the extent that we can go at least 10 players (maybe more) deep and not skip a beat. The fact that Coy and Blair have been part of the fold will jump start our start next Season where we should never face a 6 game skid again as we started the Valley last Season. Then after watching Kenny play and the positive input we hear on the speed and solid play of Hamilton, demands our attention.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I wasn't suggesting that Blair could hit the outside shot, drive the lane, or even that he could play defense on an MVC SF. When he was at his old school, he suggested that he wanted to transfer because he was a combo forward forced to play center. Ellis may feel the same way about his game as he refuses to post up with his back to the basket. What we will have in 10-11 if we keep our current group and add EO is two true centers (GS and EO), and five power forwards (Blair, Ellis, Durley, Hamilton, and Coy). With that type of depth and experience, it seems likely that HCGM would try going with a two guard line-up and floating one of these tall athletic forwards (Ellis, Blair, Coy) as an inside-outside wing. Defensively, a well run zone would be very difficult for our opponents to overcome.

A three post line-up may never work, but I find it intringuing that we appear to be recruiting towards that end. On the other hand, we could simply be upgrading talent at the PF with the intention of letting the weaker players sort themselves out.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Blair said he didn't like always playing with his back to the basket which is more or less what a C normally does. He came here so he could be a PF and face the basket more. There are too many quality options for Gabe to play on the wing.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu
                                Originally posted by pinstripers
                                It would not be
                                LOI not binding, but how early could he sign papers for financial aid? That is the "commitment" for JUCO players, I believe.
                                I was bored and reading through the NLI policy and JUCO transfers can in fact sign NLI and it IS binding. You can only sign one NLI in an academic year and must attend that institution unless released from it. By signing a NLI, Ehimen would not be allowed to be recruited by other schools. If others contacted him after we'd received the NLI it would be a recruiting violation.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X