No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to get back on topic: I said he wont live up to SN expectations, and I still say GS has not! I love the kid and see he has great potential, but these expectations are not even attainable for either one of these guys. I think GS is on track, but living up to expectations that we, the media and even HCGM put on this kid, NO!

Comment

• Originally posted by hutchshox
      to get back on topic: I said he wont live up to SN expectations, and I still say GS has not! I love the kid and see he has great potential, but these expectations are not even attainable for either one of these guys. I think GS is on track, but living up to expectations that we, the media and even HCGM put on this kid, NO!
      Well, GS has lived up to my expectations so far and I think most people on SN understood that it would take him longer to develop given his size and the position he plays. I think to be better understood, you need to be more specific about what you perceive as unreasonable expectations.

I am not too familiar with the media hype; however, I do agree that CGM did set the bar pretty high for GS before he had played a game. I seem to recall him saying something along the lines of, “If GS is not an All-Conference player by his sophomore (or it might have been junior) year than I [CGM] am not doing my job.” But CGM has appeared to dial back those early expectations lately.

I agree that creating unreasonable expectations can create an unnecessary burden for a player and I have expressed that concern in the past. But fans will always be excited about new players. Especially those with the skill set of GS or the athletic ability of EO – that is to be expected. And from what I have read about GS, I suspect he has his own expectations that likely exceed those expressed here on SN. EO is probably the same way or at least I hope he is.

I guess, in this case, I don’t think it is that big of a deal.

Comment

• We have been posting about EO for around two years...There are about 90 pages or so on this thread. That would be my definition of over-hyped....Expectations have been all over he place....Its easy to exagerate the skills of someone we haven't really seen in action. Its always the guy we haven't seen who will lead us to the promised land......Having said that, he is a seven ft athlete who will eventually be a part of an excellent team and a force in the MVC.....High expectations are fun!

Comment

• I can't imagine what the expectations will be if he becomes the starting center on his juco team.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
            I can't imagine what the expectations will be if he becomes the starting center on his juco team.
            Nothing less then averaging 20 and 10
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• when is signing day?

Comment

• Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Sorry,

November 11.

Comment

• New fact, the man can breathe fire.

Comment

• Anybody who was around for Paul Miller's five years should understand that Garrett wasn't going to come in and be a 20 and 10 guy right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCity
                      Anybody who was around for Paul Miller's five years should understand that Garrett wasn't going to come in and be a 20 and 10 guy right away.
                      :good:
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• New fact: Ehimen can slam a revolving door.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• re:

Ehimen has counted to infinity....twice.

Comment

• :poster_eo: owns the patent...

SFL is back!

Comment

• Re: re:

Originally posted by Hurley
                              Ehimen has counted to infinity....twice.
                              And the second time he did it he discovered a number one larger than infinity. Then he discovered a number one larger than that number and discovered he was in a loop that would go to infinity.

This loop at infinity is now known as Ehimen's Paradox.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• A guy in practice tried to stop Ehimen from a thunderous backboard breaking dunk once............

ONCE.

Comment

Working...
                                X