Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutchsox may have a point

Comment

• Both GS and EO are living up to my expectations. I wasn't expecting either of them to come in and somehow suddenly and instantly be potential NBA lottery picks. I'd be delighted if either of them became first-round picks, but that's not in my expectations, regardless of the hype they've had.

After about 40 years of watching players go through the system, if there are enough players in the system, my expectations go like this:

Fr - Learn
      So - Begin making some contribution
      Jr - Solid producer
      Sr - The peak of a college career

If expectations go beyond that - then the player is either a very special player (NBA caliber) or the upper classes are short of talent at some position or positions and the team is forced to rely on a Fr or So.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by hutchshox
        my prediction: EO will not live up to expectations, just like GS! Not because they are not good players, we just overhype them on here! It is fun though!!
        So, after one year you're ready to say that GS hasn't lived up to expectations? Wow, you must be one of the ones that expected 8 years of failed Bush administration policies to be righted in 9 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCity
          Originally posted by hutchshox
          my prediction: EO will not live up to expectations, just like GS! Not because they are not good players, we just overhype them on here! It is fun though!!
          So, after one year you're ready to say that GS hasn't lived up to expectations? Wow, you must be one of the ones that expected 8 years of failed Bush administration policies to be righted in 9 months.
          Uh Oh. This cannot end well.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I apologize in advance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
              Originally posted by ShockCity
              Uh Oh. This cannot end well.
              agreed. Political war in 5...4...3....

Comment

• I'm pretty much with Aargh. I think that both could have impressive SR years depending on how they develop. GS has the skill set to be a factor down the road. EO should be able to come in and contribute nicely on the boards and defensively. Anybody who was expecting AA stats from either had/have issues.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  I'm pretty much with Aargh. I think that both could have impressive SR years depending on how they develop. GS has the skill set to be a factor down the road. EO should be able to come in and contribute nicely on the boards and defensively. Anybody who was expecting AA stats from either had/have issues.
                  I agree completely!!! My expectations are that by their junior/senior seasons they will be significant team contributors and will be able to fit a need on the team as a whole. I don't expect either to be AA or NBA lottery picks.

Comment

I assume you supported a political forum for a reason, right? ;-)

As for expectations for EO, GS or any player for that matter – Aargh’s and SubGod’s takes are about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                      Originally posted by ShockCity
                      I assume you supported a political forum for a reason, right? ;-)

As for expectations for EO, GS or any player for that matter – Aargh’s and SubGod’s takes are about right.
                      Wow ... maggie actually posted on a sports-related thre- ...... Oh. never mind.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Oh dear.

An eary indicator of how well the NObama health care plan will be managed is how well the cash for clunkers program is managed.

And the clunker program is a mere micro dot, when compared to the proposed health care program.

Or how any other NObama program is managed. Take GM for example.

Or take the example of "I will not meddle in other countries' internal affairs."

<sigh>
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• When your guy was campaigning, he made it sound like a month or two was all he would need.

Comment

• ShockerNet is turning into a political forum... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Comment

• Politics....hell I thought this was a cooking development forum.

What the heck happened to my "Chicken Picatta" recipe thread?

Comment

• Lets do ourselves a favor and just stick to basketball...We will still have different opinions but at least we will all be for the same team

Comment

Working...
                                X