Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
    Ah, yes, the Griskenas chapter of the Orukpe thread, the latest in a variety of diversions. This is how you get to 87 pages (and counting). Surely 100 can't be far away.
    It all ties together...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Besides, ShockerNet is a diversion for me and possibly one or more other persons.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Darn,

I missed posting my last post on page 87!!!

THIS THING IS BLOWIN UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!
        :yahoo:
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus aurelius
          TRCC's expectations for EO will frankly be to rebound, block shots, and play a little inside-out with the perimeter shooters. He won't be a go-to guy on the offensive end.
          I think that's a good description of what WSU fans should be expecting from EO. EO's scoring is likely to come from offensive board putbacks and defensive breakdowns that leave him a path to the hoop for a stuff.

If EO can hold the opponents frontcourt players 6 or 8 points under what they would score if EO wasn't there, that's 6 or 8 fewer points the Shox need to score to get the W.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Math skills.................get them............use them..........

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
              Math skills.................get them............use them..........
              Books........check 'em out.
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                Originally posted by marcus aurelius
                TRCC's expectations for EO will frankly be to rebound, block shots, and play a little inside-out with the perimeter shooters. He won't be a go-to guy on the offensive end.
                I think that's a good description of what WSU fans should be expecting from EO. EO's scoring is likely to come from offensive board putbacks and defensive breakdowns that leave him a path to the hoop for a stuff.

If EO can hold the opponents frontcourt players 6 or 8 points under what they would score if EO wasn't there, that's 6 or 8 fewer points the Shox need to score to get the W.
                That pretty much all we need from him. I'm sure his offensive game will continue to improve but he should be a defensive presence and be big on the boards. He'll get plenty of points off put backs and easy baskets off of drives from our guards. Good times are coming!
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Putbacks

Not to compare the two, Sub, but when Cliff Levingston got to WSU he couldn't shoot a lick. Essentially all of his scoring was on dunks, follows, and miscellaneous garbage around the basket.

If Orukpe takes advantage of his size and mobility to do some good cleanup work until he develops an offensive game, he and the Shocks will be just fine.

Comment

• Re: Putbacks

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                    Not to compare the two, Sub, but when Cliff Levingston got to WSU he couldn't shoot a lick. Essentially all of his scoring was on dunks, follows, ans miscellaneous garbage around the basket.

If Orukpe takes advantage of his size and mobility to do some good cleanup work until he develops an offensive game, he and the Shocks will be just fine.
                    :yes:
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• When I saw EO practicing by hisself, he was working pretty hard on the Offensive moves he needs to develop, including baby hooks with either hand.
                      (When he was here in Wichita initially).

I imagine he is anxious to start his season at TRCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus aurelius
                        Originally posted by lilshock
                        Welcome Marcus!!! Do keep us informed on the springfield game. My sister lives there so I will be going to watch him play in that game. Will the website tell when and where it is? thanks in advance

I emailed Coach B Bess and this is his reply:

Saturday, Oct. 24th at CBC. We will play at 9:00 vs. Evangel, 11:20 vs.
                        CBC, & 2:50 vs. C of O.

Maybe we'll see ya there!
                        Are these times still correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockball
                          Originally posted by marcus aurelius
                          Originally posted by lilshock
                          Welcome Marcus!!! Do keep us informed on the springfield game. My sister lives there so I will be going to watch him play in that game. Will the website tell when and where it is? thanks in advance

I emailed Coach B Bess and this is his reply:

Saturday, Oct. 24th at CBC. We will play at 9:00 vs. Evangel, 11:20 vs.
                          CBC, & 2:50 vs. C of O.

Maybe we'll see ya there!
                          Are these times still correct?

As of now, yes.... These are the same times they played last year, so it's likely they'll stick....

Comment

• Thanks.

Comment

• This topic needs to be at the top.

BUMP!
                              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• :-x

Comment

Working...
                                X