No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly think replay has ruined a lot of sports. It's not like it's fixing anything, except maybe in the final 2 minutes of a game, which for some reason is more important than any other minute. And even still, they sometimes don't get it right.

Just can the whole replay system. That way we can not have 3 hour basketball games and actually spontaneously celebrate buzzer beaters like we used to.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I would say it has been good for MLB, but that's about it. It has made football & basketball worse in some ways.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• If anyone is gonna get screwed, it may as well be the Wildcats. I'm tired of all these friggin teams notching a win against KU when they get a million chances and then making it their centerpiece to get a great seed in the tourney. I would just assume KU go undefeated as opposed to all the coat tail riders claiming a golden ticket into the dance and then shitting the bed when they get their while the WSUs of the world take it up the ass on selection Sunday for our sin of having a couple of bad nights.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• What?
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I didn't even know they played last night. There's a lot more than just b12 basketball on always. Really.

Comment

• When?
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Well I'm absolutely quit positive that just like games being dismissed cause certain coaches are not on the sideline for suspension or whatever...the NCAA selection committee will throw this game out and not count towards the bubbles resume. Lol. Bad calls (or non calls) at the end of games that cause a team to win or lose will not be considered. Right???
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    I would say it has been good for MLB, but that's about it. It has made football & basketball worse in some ways.
                    The one thing replay had killed in baseball tradition is the "area" play when turning two. Guess it depends on if you consider that good or bad. I've seen that called an out for decades, and now it gets reviewed in key late game situations.

But as for basketball, unless it's a T review or who the ball went out on or did the shot beat the clock, I'd oppose any other replay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      Thanks. Missed it. Sorry for those who didn't watch; great game!
                      "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        I'm not sure changing the rules to review traveling is the right answer. If you start being able to review stuff like that where do you stop? Sure the call last night was obvious, but what about the ticky tack travel calls we are seeing more of this season? Pretty soon you might have a situation where coaches are asking for reviews on nearly every possession in the last 2 minutes and the call becomes stupidly complex like what is and what is not a catch in the NFL. Then people say 'well, we can review traveling, so why not block/charge or common fouls? Is it a can of worms that should be opened?
                        Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I honestly think replay has ruined a lot of sports. It's not like it's fixing anything, except maybe in the final 2 minutes of a game, which for some reason is more important than any other minute. And even still, they sometimes don't get it right.

Just can the whole replay system. That way we can not have 3 hour basketball games and actually spontaneously celebrate buzzer beaters like we used to.
                        Instant replay is definitely a slippery slope that has that has taken a lot of the spontaneity out of the game. I'm not a fan of reviews either, I just think if they are going to have reviews in the game, stuff like last night should have been reviewable. I definitely would only have within the last minute or two of play. But, reviews have sucked a lot of the life out sports for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                          The one thing replay had killed in baseball tradition is the "area" play when turning two. Guess it depends on if you consider that good or bad. I've seen that called an out for decades, and now it gets reviewed in key late game situations.

But as for basketball, unless it's a T review or who the ball went out on or did the shot beat the clock, I'd oppose any other replay.
                          The only thing I miss due to replay is the "discussions" between managers and umps. They made the neighborhood play unnecessary when takeout slides were outlawed, an infielder now has no reason not to touch the bag.

Back on topic. I agree that replay should not be changed in basketball right now, certainly not as a knee jerk reaction to one game.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Don't be sorry. There'll be many more good games. ​Probably this week even.

Comment

• Yep. Lots of stinkers, too. Always fun when you catch a good one.

Comment

• Double hit; sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X