Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Nova going down to Butler.

The same Butler that lost to a Valley team?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      The same Butler that lost to a Valley team?
      0-3 valley team. And CU lost to Nova so that makes WSU better than KU. Wait I confused myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        0-3 valley team. And CU lost to Nova so that makes WSU better than KU. Wait I confused myself.
        WSU has literally been right next door to CU in kenpom virtually all year, if that helps.

Comment

9th place Valley team. Butler sucks? Villanova sucks more?

Comment

• Iowa State nearly pulled out a win at #2 Baylor last night, but Baylor finished strong and survived. These are the little, unnoticed games, that will matter to WSU come March. Ain't no catchin' Baylor, but it is very possible that WSU and Iowa State are competitors for a NCAA seed, whether it be for a 7 seed, or just to grab the last at-large.

In years like 2013-2014, we all needed to root for the #2 team to lose to the "almost top 25" team. This year, it is the exact opposite.

Comment

You have to include the Butler beat Indiana who beat Kansas to get all the way there, but yeah.

But then you must also factor in Gardner Webb beat Nebraska who beat Indiana who beat Kansas.

Gardner Webb > North Carolina
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Gardner Webb > North Carolina
                Well, as Joaquin (Yogi) Andujar used to say, there's one word for that: You never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Iowa State nearly pulled out a win at #2 Baylor last night, but Baylor finished strong and survived. These are the little, unnoticed games, that will matter to WSU come March. Ain't no catchin' Baylor, but it is very possible that WSU and Iowa State are competitors for a NCAA seed, whether it be for a 7 seed, or just to grab the last at-large.

In years like 2013-2014, we all needed to root for the #2 team to lose to the "almost top 25" team. This year, it is the exact opposite.
                  We all know who the bid would go to in those circumstances. Even though we are talking about the same Cyclone squad that struggled with the Sycamores on a neutral court.

Comment

We all know who the bid would go to in those circumstances. Even though we are talking about the same Cyclone squad that struggled with the Sycamores on a neutral court.
                    Granted it was at their place, but we didn't exactly blow ISUb away ourselves ...

Comment

"In those circumstances"? I'm simply saying it is very possible that the final resume ranks look as follows:

1) Iowa St (had they won @ Baylor)
                      2) WSU
                      3) Iowa St (given that they lost @ Baylor)

We should all be glad Iowa St lost, and should continue to root for similar results the rest of the year. Whining about how the selection committee works is just an unrelated rabbit trail.

Comment

• When did whining about how the selection committee works become a rabbit trail unrelated to guessing how the selection committee will rank teams at the end of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          "In those circumstances"? I'm simply saying it is very possible that the final resume ranks look as follows:

1) Iowa St (had they won @ Baylor)
                          2) WSU
                          3) Iowa St (given that they lost @ Baylor)

We should all be glad Iowa St lost, and should continue to root for similar results the rest of the year. Whining about how the selection committee works is just an unrelated rabbit trail.
                          Are you bored? Is that why you're just making stuff up to start more unnecessary squabbles?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• @ShockerFever: @Jamar Howard 4 President:

Let's stop this right here.

Last edited by DUShock; January 5, 2017, 04:22 PM. Reason: Tagged the usual suspects
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

@ShockerFever @Jamar Howard 4 President

Let's stop this right here.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Well, the significance of an away win at OU has surely started to dissipate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X