No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota St. Beat somebody I've never heard of and can't remember.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Hated to see UNI lose. The Valley may be toying with becoming a one-bid league this year.

Not a whole lot left on UNI's non-con plate that will help much outside of North Carolina and a big maybe on Iowa. UNI unlikey to win at UNC and Iowa doesn't look that good at this point so even a win of the Hawkeye's on a neutral court may not help much.
      Toying? Sounds like closer to putting nails in the coffin.

Gotta win out rest of non-con to avoid needing to win STL to not have to sweat out selection Sunday I think unfortunately. Damn this conference.

Comment

• CSU wrapping up the win. Could be a decent win depending how CU does in the PAC12 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          CSU wrapping up the win. Could be a decent win depending how CU does in the PAC12 this year.
          Damn 14 point w on the road. Hopefully this gets our undivided attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            Damn 14 point w on the road. Hopefully this gets our undivided attention.
            This cannot be.

I read earlier on here that they weren't very good so I thought that this game would be difficult only because it was a road game and we are unproven on the road. Now, I find out that it is a possibility that CSU is good or maybe even really good too?

Comment

• The names on the uniforms seem to adversely affect the Shox this year. I don't think "Colorado State" will have the intimidation factor that "Louisville" or "Michigan State" had.

Oddly enough, without a "name" on the jerseys, overconfidence may be the current version of the Shox problem with Colorado State.

This team seriously needs someone on the floor who can get and keep theii attention. That just doesn't seem to be there. Talent is one thing. "I refuse to lose!" is quite another thing.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                This cannot be.

I read earlier on here that they weren't very good so I thought that this game would be difficult only because it was a road game and we are unproven on the road. Now, I find out that it is a possibility that CSU is good or maybe even really good too?
                First good laugh of the morning...thank you!

Comment

• "On the road" may be a bit of a stretch. Yes, they were in somebody else's house, but it's about a 30 minute drive. Or at least it was when I lived up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    This cannot be.

It was a good win for CSU. It's best so far this year. This was a similar situation that WSU was in going into the LSU game. CSU best win was a 64-61 home win over New Mexico State. So CSU was kind in the same position as WSU wondering how good they are. While the CU game was a nice win, like LSU after the Shocks blasted them, is still somewhat of an unknown on how good they are. CU hasn't exactly played a killer schedule themselves. Their best game was a 6-point loss to Notre Dame on a neutral court. CU best win was a 68-54 win over Texas although not sure how good Texas is this year.

CSU will be a well-coached, disciplined opponent who you would expect will be a tough out in their houee at altitutde. But this was known before the CU game. Not sure how much the win over CU enhances that.

The one thing we do know is that with the way the Valley is going the Shocks have little, if any, margin for error in building their NCAA at-large resume. In that respect, this is a game the Shocks can't afford to lose.

Comment

• I think it will be very challenging for an MVC team to build an at-large resume this year. Easier for us than UNI given the games left, but still difficult. We have room for 2, maybe 3 more losses before the MVC tournament. UNI has very little room at all. They have 3 opportunities for a big win before the NCAA tournament: us twice, and UNC. If they go even 1-2, they will have just one quality win and probably can't make the tournament. Neither we nor UNI can afford losses to the 3-10 teams in the MVC.

Best case scenario for the MVC is UNI pulling off the upset against UNC, and the rest of the conference going from Southland bad to Patriot League bad, with UNI beating us in the final game of the MVC tournament after losing to us twice. If we have a sterling finish to the season, we end as a 8 seed and UNI a 9 seed. Worst case scenario, WSU goes 25-6 or so and loses in the semi-finals and the rest of the MVC continues to get bad losses. A team like MSU or ISUr wins the tournament and enters the tournament as a 13-15 seed.

Best case scenario for Wichita State is an a win streak from now till the end of the season, leaving us at 16 RPI, 128 SoS and 7-10 quality wins. Most likely a 5 seed. If we lose to Oklahoma and @UNI and still win the MVC tournament, we have an RPI of 25 and a SOS of 130 which puts us at a 6-7 seed. Lose to UNI in the Finals, 28 RPI, 130 SoS, 8 seed (with UNI between 9-12). Lose to MSU in the semi-finals of the MVC and both Oklahomas + @UNI, RPI of 39 and likely just on the safe side of the bubble given quality wins.

So we have a few ways to guarantee an at-large bid, but they all depend on taking care of business against the low end MVC teams and getting as many quality wins as we can against UNI, CSU, and the Oklahoma schools. Cannot afford many bad losses, need some quality wins. UNI needs an almost perfect run.

Comment

• Make no mistake. UNI will more than likely shoot lights out against us when they play us, especially in their place. So we'll have that to look forward to...

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          I think it will be very challenging for an MVC team to build an at-large resume this year. Easier for us than UNI given the games left, but still difficult. We have room for 2, maybe 3 more losses before the MVC tournament. UNI has very little room at all. They have 3 opportunities for a big win before the NCAA tournament: us twice, and UNC. If they go even 1-2, they will have just one quality win and probably can't make the tournament. Neither we nor UNI can afford losses to the 3-10 teams in the MVC.

Best case scenario for the MVC is UNI pulling off the upset against UNC, and the rest of the conference going from Southland bad to Patriot League bad, with UNI beating us in the final game of the MVC tournament after losing to us twice. If we have a sterling finish to the season, we end as a 8 seed and UNI a 9 seed. Worst case scenario, WSU goes 25-6 or so and loses in the semi-finals and the rest of the MVC continues to get bad losses. A team like MSU or ISUr wins the tournament and enters the tournament as a 13-15 seed.

Best case scenario for Wichita State is an a win streak from now till the end of the season, leaving us at 16 RPI, 128 SoS and 7-10 quality wins. Most likely a 5 seed. If we lose to Oklahoma and @UNI and still win the MVC tournament, we have an RPI of 25 and a SOS of 130 which puts us at a 6-7 seed. Lose to UNI in the Finals, 28 RPI, 130 SoS, 8 seed (with UNI between 9-12). Lose to MSU in the semi-finals of the MVC and both Oklahomas + @UNI, RPI of 39 and likely just on the safe side of the bubble given quality wins.

So we have a few ways to guarantee an at-large bid, but they all depend on taking care of business against the low end MVC teams and getting as many quality wins as we can against UNI, CSU, and the Oklahoma schools. Cannot afford many bad losses, need some quality wins. UNI needs an almost perfect run.
                          RPI, SOS, MVC Tournament predictions, NCAA seed lines, March weather forecasts are all pretty meaningless on December 1st.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            I think it will be very challenging for an MVC team to build an at-large resume this year. Easier for us than UNI given the games left, but still difficult. We have room for 2, maybe 3 more losses before the MVC tournament. UNI has very little room at all. They have 3 opportunities for a big win before the NCAA tournament: us twice, and UNC. If they go even 1-2, they will have just one quality win and probably can't make the tournament. Neither we nor UNI can afford losses to the 3-10 teams in the MVC.

I'm not sure where you get 7-10 quality wins on the rest of our schedule? CSU, OU, OSU .... I don't see any team in the Valley being a Quality win at this point. Maybe UNI? If we beat them 3 times would they really be a quality win .. probably not.

Comment

• Don't know why so many sweat it out all season long. No reason to
                              this season as we WILL win the tournament this year. If we can't win
                              it this year we don't deserve to go anyway. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Comment

• If I read another post claiming a record of 25-5 isn't good enough for an at large bid for Wichita State.....

Comment

Working...
                                X