16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    I think you're a little drunk off of the excitement stemming from that KU loss to be seeing clearly.

KU at full strength, re: with Josh Jackson (who they didn't have today), is so much better than Gonzaga and it isn't even close. And I've watched FAR too many Gonzaga games this year in the wee hours of the morning.

But anyway, KU probably wouldn't be a 1 seed in any of the previous 4-5 years. They are this year because there isn't anyone else stand-out enough to take it away from them.
    You crazy!

Comment

• TCU earns the auto-bid with this win over Kansas.

That's good for an auto-bid right?

Comment

I think you're a little drunk off of the excitement stemming from that KU loss to be seeing clearly.

KU at full strength, re: with Josh Jackson (who they didn't have today), is so much better than Gonzaga and it isn't even close. And I've watched FAR too many Gonzaga games this year in the wee hours of the morning.

But anyway, KU probably wouldn't be a 1 seed in any of the previous 4-5 years. They are this year because there isn't anyone else stand-out enough to take it away from them.
        KU seems to be a "soft" spot for you.

Hah, get it?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• How long until KU insists that all Big XII tournament games be played in AFH?
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
            Anyone else notice that they only ran 8 deep? No way that doesn't bite them in the butt against a team that rolls lines like a hockey team.
            Mason with a solid 40 min.

He was gassed midway thought the 2nd half. Against TCU. TCU.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• How many consecutive years are people going to say "there just isn't a dominant team" and "the bubble is so weak this year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                TCU earns the auto-bid with this win over Kansas.

That's good for an auto-bid right?
                Thats just great. So what seed does this knock us down to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  Somebody's car is likely to get kicked in Lawrence later tonight.
                  Whatever car it is will not have a smooth ride after that.

Because, you know, there won't be a suspension.

Comment

• Going to go home and enjoy a gin and Jayhawk tear cocktail.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Frankamp >>> Svy
                      Is that if (a) Svi gets to take multiple steps, or (b) he has to play by the same rules as everyone else does? If (a), it's a tougher call, if only because of the height differential.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

A TCU team that beat Illinois State by 9 and held Paris Lee to 13 points on only 8 shots.

A TCU team that beat Bradley by 30.

TCU would have finished 3rd in our league. Possibly 2nd.

Plus KU was down Josh Jackson, so Mason had to play extra minutes. Even if he was gassed he still scored 29 points with 6 assists.

I know you guys just like to pile on KU when they lose because it's fun, but sometimes it's like some of you haven't watched college basketball outside of WSU all season. TCU is pretty good and they have some very good players and a great coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Whatever car it is will not have a smooth ride after that.

Because, you know, there won't be a suspension.
                          ^This^ should get some run in the post of the year competition! Nice Royal...Very Nice!
                          "Maybe one day we can be the No. 1 team in the country, the No. 1 seed and all that. I'm just excited for this year to be in the Sweet 16, have a chance to go to the Elite 8 next week."

-Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

This actually could be a blessing in disguise for KU. Mason and Graham are averaging 36 and 35 minutes a game. Imagine if they had to play 3 straight games in the B12 tourney? They wouldn't have any legs left for the NCAAs. At least this way they now get a week off.

I still think the heavy minutes from their guards over the season is going to bite them in the ass during the tourney.

While LS and CF are starting to play more minutes, they are doing it on fresh legs. They are only averaging 24 and 26 mins for the season. That includes the recent plus up in minutes.

Comment

• Or perhaps some just like to see the smug smiles wiped off of the faces of the entitled Jayhawk fans.

Comment

A TCU team that beat Illinois State by 9 and held Paris Lee to 13 points on only 8 shots.

A TCU team that beat Bradley by 30.

TCU would have finished 3rd in our league. Possibly 2nd.

Plus KU was down Josh Jackson, so Mason had to play extra minutes. Even if he was gassed he still scored 29 points with 6 assists.

I know you guys just like to pile on KU when they lose because it's fun, but sometimes it's like some of you haven't watched college basketball outside of WSU all season. TCU is pretty good and they have some very good players and a great coach.
                                I've watched a lot college basketball this season, thanks.

I don't care for the Jackson excuse. Want him to play? Then recruit better citizens of society.

He did score 29 in the loss. Thank God, or it would've been a double-digit beatdown. I'm not sure why we're making Valley comparisons with TCU. This is Kansas, the best team in the land. How is TCU supposed to overmatch them?

I guess I just find it odd that there are WSU fans dressed as KU apologists on this site. And who the **** cares if WSU fans pile on KU? This is a WICHITA STATE message board the last time I checked.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X