No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Duke and UNC had to play road games today.

Comment

• Tulsa wins 61-59

Comment

• The Bears had to use overtime to beat Indiana St.

I was asked if the Bears are starting to scare us Wichita State folks yet. I just laughed that one off. Feel free to comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
          The Bears had to use overtime to beat Indiana St.

I was asked if the Bears are starting to scare us Wichita State folks yet. I just laughed that one off. Feel free to comment.
          Well the game @MSU will likely be more interesting this year than it has been typically in the past few seasons; however, a quick look at kenpom shows the two teams immediate before and after MSU to be #104 Penn State and #106 Yale. So I guess I'd have to say the Bares are still a ways away from being scary just yet.

Can we describe a MBB team as being about as imposing as say room temperature milk, because I feel like that's sorta close.

Comment

• Louisville beat Indiana 77-62 in Indianapolis.
            South Dakota State defeated South Dakota 73-72.
            South Carolina State lost at Jacksonville 85-89.
            Colorado State leading at Boise State 32-25 at the half.

Steve Forbes ETSU team defeated VMI 102-75 to get to 11-3.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Boise State banks in a 3 at the buzzer to beat CSU 73-74. Their only lead in the second half.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                I see Duke and UNC had to play road games today.
                It's just so funny when these bloated, superior P5 schools go on the road in these true road games against much inferior competition and not only do they get beat but they get spanked pretty handily.

Just shows these supposed superior teams are trying so badly to mask their deficiencies in the non-con and get flat-out exposed when they're forced to play in true road environments. And when non-P5 schools lose on the road to crap teams, they get told they're no good. It's so hypocritical and stacked it isn't even funny.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  It's just so funny when these bloated, superior P5 schools go on the road in these true road games against much inferior competition and not only do they get beat but they get spanked pretty handily.

Just shows these supposed superior teams are trying so badly to mask their deficiencies in the non-con and get flat-out exposed when they're forced to play in true road environments. And when non-P5 schools lose on the road to crap teams, they get told they're no good. It's so hypocritical and stacked it isn't even funny.
                  (Talking Head Response)
                  Wrong. It just proves how great all these power 5 conferences are top to bottom. And justifies putting VT and GT in ahead of the WSUs.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    (Talking Head Response)
                    Wrong. It just proves how great all these power 5 conferences are top to bottom. And justifies putting VT and GT in ahead of the WSUs.
                    Directed to the talking head not you: 🤢💩🙄
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Illinois state crushing Loyola at Loyola

Comment

• UNI off to another hot start, down 34-20 at the half at EU.

Let me guess. Their threes aren't falling?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Nebraska knocks off Turgeon at Maryland. Nebraska now controls their destiny in the B1G. Tim Miles' job is secure for another year.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            UNI off to another hot start, down 34-20 at the half at EU.

Let me guess. Their threes aren't falling?
                            0-10 ... This UNI team is really bad. Morgan is the only capable person on their team

Comment

• I can't get over how bad the MEAC is......and we should NEVER EVER play 2 non-con games against anyone from that conference.

There are 13 teams (I use that term loosely) in this league....they've COMBINED for 39 wins and 138 losses!

But wait, it's even worse than that. Of the 39 wins.....

Only 16 are against D1 teams and fully 6 of those are by North Carolina Central. NCC is by far the best program in the league.

The other 12 teams have a combined 10 D1 wins, Morgan State with 2 of the 10.

Coppin State (0), NC A&T (0), Maryland ES, Florida A&M (0), Delaware State, Norfolk State, Howard, Savannah State, Bethune-Cookman, South Carolina State & Hampton have combined for 8 D1 wins.

They are as follows:

Maryland ES @ UTEP 71-66
                              Norfolk State vs Eastern Kentucky 87-80 OT
                              Delaware State @ St Johns 79-72
                              Howard vs American 71-54
                              South Carolina State @ Furman 69-67
                              Savannah State @ Oregon State 93-90 OT
                              Bethune-Cookman vs Kennesaw State 75-72
                              Hampton vs William & Mary 79-69

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I can't get over how bad the MEAC is......and we should NEVER EVER play 2 non-con games against anyone from that conference.

There are 13 teams (I use that term loosely) in this league....they've COMBINED for 39 wins and 138 losses!

But wait, it's even worse than that. Of the 39 wins.....

Only 16 are against D1 teams and fully 6 of those are by North Carolina Central. NCC is by far the best program in the league.

The other 12 teams have a combined 10 D1 wins, Morgan State with 2 of the 10.

Coppin State (0), NC A&T (0), Maryland ES, Florida A&M (0), Delaware State, Norfolk State, Howard, Savannah State, Bethune-Cookman, South Carolina State & Hampton have combined for 8 D1 wins.

They are as follows:

Maryland ES @ UTEP 71-66
                                Norfolk State vs Eastern Kentucky 87-80 OT
                                Delaware State @ St Johns 79-72
                                Howard vs American 71-54
                                South Carolina State @ Furman 69-67
                                Savannah State @ Oregon State 93-90 OT
                                Bethune-Cookman vs Kennesaw State 75-72
                                Hampton vs William & Mary 79-69
                                Exhibit A, B, C...how ever many exhibits you want...as to why Division I membership needs reduced.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X