16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    A 51 point loss ought to automatically eliminate you from the NCAA tournament.
    WSU played about as bad as possible and was down 20-something to OSU before OSU took foot off the gas. I cannot fathom what would have to happen for a 3G team to lose by 50.
    78-65

Comment

• Saint Louis lost to Davidson 66-77 to fall to 4-11.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Nevada at New Mexico has about two and a half minutes left in overtime, NM up 103-98. NM was up 25 with about 11 mins left and Nevada went nuts. Jordan Caroline has 42 and Marcus Marshall had 26 before fouling out on an offensive foul
        It was still 90-76 (14 point lead) with 1:09 left AND New Mexico had the ball.

6 straight 3s, 2 of them banked in, and New Mexico went 4-10 from the line in the last minute nine.

Kind of a shame that Nevada only played 1 decent non conference game (and lost it), at St. Mary's.

With Caroline, Marshall and Cameron Oliver they have the makings of an excellent team.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; January 8, 2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Makes me sick thinking about the talent that exits the MVC annually.
          Good thing you are a Shocker fan, because there is going to be a crazy talent loss in 2 years when WSU takes its whole roster to the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Good thing you are a Shocker fan, because there is going to be a crazy talent loss in 2 years when WSU takes its whole roster to the AAC.
            Didn't think of it that way. That is gonna smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              It was still 90-76 (14 point lead) with 1:09 left AND New Mexico had the ball.

6 straight 3s, 2 of them banked in, and New Mexico went 4-10 from the line in the last minute nine.

Kind of a shame that Nevada only played 1 decent non conference game (and lost it), at St. Mary's.

With Caroline, Marshall and Cameron Oliver they have the makings of an excellent team.
              To much of a bad taste in my mouth from last year's game for me to root for Nevada. Plus I have nothing good to say about Musselman. I would have much rather had New Mexico put a bad loss on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                I'm skeptical about some of your stuff, JH -- but this is one time when I fervently hope you're dead on target. My only complaint is that two years isn't soon enough.

AAC! AAC! AAC!

Comment

• Please let OU win at home against KU tomorrow night. It will really help us when they come in ranked next Monday all the way from #180 territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    Please let OU win at home against KU tomorrow night. It will really help us when they come in ranked next Monday all the way from #180 territory.
                    With Jordan Woodard it's a slight maybe, but without him, they have no chance. He has been cleared to practice and returned today, but won't play against KU.

Comment

• Our opponents really timed the whole "let's lose our stud guy(s) to injury and/or suspension" thing terribly this year.

Loaded when facing the Shocks? You bet.

Tear an ACL or decide to skip like three finals immediately after the game? Sure.

Better them than us, I guess, but just yuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Our opponents really timed the whole "let's lose our stud guy(s) to injury and/or suspension" thing terribly this year.

Loaded when facing the Shocks? You bet.

Tear an ACL or decide to skip like three finals immediately after the game? Sure.

Better them than us, I guess, but just yuck.
                        On the bright side, I guess it's a plus that everyone is packing as much schedule-torpedoing into one year as is possible? Maybe it will pay us back again some year soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          On the bright side, I guess it's a plus that everyone is packing as much schedule-torpedoing into one year as is possible? Maybe it will pay us back again some year soon.
                          Let's hope.

Comment

• #1 Baylor getting whooped by West Virginia 50-37. Scott Drew not very good about instilling toughness.

Comment

#1 Baylor getting whooped by West Virginia 50-37. Scott Drew not very good about instilling toughness.
                              Ugly basketball. Just ugly.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

#1 Baylor getting whooped by West Virginia 50-37. Scott Drew not very good about instilling toughness.
                                Its now 76-50 and the crowd is having a blast.

This is the sort of thing I hope to see at CKA on a regular basis someday, a game against a really good team where we just stomp em. Blowouts are a sweet nectar for me when they are against really good teams and not the Maryland school for the blind or some other patsy.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X