2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockers will be good this year

I have it from a trusted source that watched a scrimmage two days ago that the Shockers are poised for another good season. Seats are as hard to come by in Koch Arena as they were in 2007. It's a good time to be a Shocker. Ron Baker and Ramon Clemente playing in the Pan American Games gives WSU good exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Before the haircut.
      That can certainly have an impact -- I was at least half an inch taller when I had hair on top of my head. That's what I get for going to the same barber for 15 years: he eventually cut it all off. Just a few wisps up there now.

In any case, the main point is that it's possible to be extremely good with a 6-8 (or even slightly shorter?) center if he's good enough and has the right guys around him, which is why I'm pretty confident about this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by BachShock View Post
        It's a good time to be a Shocker. Ron Baker and Ramon Clemente playing in the Pan American Games gives WSU good exposure.
        This along with the fact that the announcers have talked about FVV several times in each game (I'm sure they can see how beneficial it would be to have him on the team, although they can't come out and say it), including last night saying that "A Lot" of people think he could be a first team All American is huge.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Think he was more like 6'6". Cle measured 6'7"+ at the combine, and here's the best pic I could find. CH utilized what height he did have well though.

I went to the celebration at Koch following the Final Four run, and when I stood near Carl, I would have estimated him to be maybe 3 inches taller than me, at most. So, 6'6" is also my estimate.

Comment

ESPN - Early look: Sizing up non-power conferences

The final year of the VanVleet-Baker connection could be -- another -- special season.
            Early reports suggest that four-star Wichita State prospect Markis McDuffie, a 6-8 forward, will contribute in 2015-16. Add Frankamp to the mix and it’s clear that the Shockers will be blessed with depth, although some of their talent is unproven.
            Last edited by RoyalShock; July 24, 2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Do you have a link to the ESPN article?

Comment

Weird, that link opens a new window and brings me right back to....here.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

A pair of usual suspects -- Gonzaga and Wichita State -- will again lead the group of possible national contenders from outside the power conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by rayc View Post
                    Do you have a link to the ESPN article?
                    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    Weird, that link opens a new window and brings me right back to....here.
                    Oops, sorry. I guess I copied the wrong URL. I fixed the link in my post, and thanks to @Cdizzle: for passing along the right one.

Comment

That hat better not say KSU or Wildcats on the back! (Unless it's the Weber State Wildcats. That would be ok.) ;)

Comment

That hat better not say KSU or Wildcats on the back! (Unless it's the Weber State Wildcats. That would be ok.) ;)
                        Maybe that's the problem in Manhattan. The head coach runs the program like it really is the WEBER STATE WILDCATS basketball program.

I'll be here all week, folks.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                          Anyone chooses to disparage that girl will have to deal with me.
                          I know the feeling. Don't mess with our nieces.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                            I can guarantee that's what the hat says on the back. Both her parents have degrees from there. Anyone chooses to disparage that girl will have to deal with me.
                            I assumed it did, and that's why I added the winky face at the end. No disparaging of family from this guy!

Comment

Nm

Comment

Lots of Shockers at the Cleanthony Early Combine hosted at Jason Perez's Next Level Hoop Academy.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X