No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think one of the main reasons Marshall wants to stay is because he can mold this team. If he were to go to a blue-blood, and then bench a 5* who has potential of being a lottery pick? Then the fans would hate it, and the 5* are focused more on their personal goals, which is reaching the NBA, not playing as a team. That would piss Marshall off.

Comment

• He's made it pretty clear why he stays. He has everything he needs here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        He's made it pretty clear why he stays. He has everything he needs here.
        I wasn't at the Chamber of Commerce meeting last night but he apparently gushed about Wichita.

Comment

• Happens every year, I know. I get it. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I would just like to point out that Arkansas VIP forums are all claiming they offered Marshall $4.5MM a year. Just thought I would relay. They also thought they had Musselman as of Monday, but obviously that didn't happen, so take that FWIW.
          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Lol. Arky will hire dunleavy
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• no way a coach with a full mouth of teeth takes the arky job. gotta fit in ya know?

Comment

• can you imagine 3G doing the Pig Soooey thing with a straight face?

Comment

• Comment

• OregonShocker
                    OregonShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I still think that was the main reason Altman changed his mind...

• I don't think he'll go to Arkansas, but it's a good job.

Comment

• Of any job out there, I feel like Virginia Tech would be the closest thing Marshall would consider. Close to home, would get to go toe-to-toe with Roy, Coach K, Tony Bennett.

I'd still doubt it though.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I honestly think it would take a traditional power/blue blood to draw Marshall away; UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, maybe Michigan State...those types. When you think about it, I see him trying to get to where Gonzaga is. They were close for about 4 years, a slight reset blip and now back to it again. Few has never been lured from Gonzaga, not sure Marshall will ever be from WSU. I mean Texas had all the money in the world and he didn't leave...

Comment

• The only thing that would concern me is the right opportunity close to home. I don't think he would want a total rebuild but would take over at a school like Clemson, South Carolina, etc. if they were in good shape and offered a deal he couldn't refuse.

Comment

• I think all of the football money in the SEC has made their basketball situation interesting in the SEC, and kind of touch for places like Arkansas. Every school can throw $5 mil per year and thus the SEC is now stacked with pretty good coaches. I think it is hard to break through. Arkansas last made the Sweet 16 in 1996. Of course GM is not afraid of competition, but the job is not the job it once was.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                            I honestly think it would take a traditional power/blue blood to draw Marshall away; UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, maybe Michigan State...those types. When you think about it, I see him trying to get to where Gonzaga is. They were close for about 4 years, a slight reset blip and now back to it again. Few has never been lured from Gonzaga, not sure Marshall will ever be from WSU. I mean Texas had all the money in the world and he didn't leave...
                            If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, but I'm not sure Texas ever called Marshall. I seem to remember him mentioning that the two sides never spoke on the matter.
                            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                              GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Could be. I've slept since then...and had a few beers as well.

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                            Happens every year, I know. I get it. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I would just like to point out that Arkansas VIP forums are all claiming they offered Marshall $4.5MM a year. Just thought I would relay. They also thought they had Musselman as of Monday, but obviously that didn't happen, so take that FWIW.
                            I’m definitely more concerned since you heard it from the VIP forums.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                            X