• Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure he got a temporary ban and never returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Pretty sure he got a temporary ban and never returned
      But we have mini - troll - shock

Comment

• Not a big McDermott guy. His defense is atrocious. You can't win in the Big Ten trying every game to outscore people.

If I was OSU, I'd be fine with Cronin. Especially this late into the coaching change season.
        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          He's so good he can coach whatever he wants, Shoxcity. Plus, news like the Stoops departure is a perfect opportunity to make fun of the apocalyptic rhetoric and fears that lurk in the hearts and minds of some SNers.

By the way, as to your thought-provoking question about the intentional hit batsman, the answer is obvious -- you might miss, and then you have a wild pitch to deal with.
          Haha. Would lead to more brawls. Have to give the people what they want.
          Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• As much as I would enjoy seeing the bjs suffer, I find it hard to believe tOSU would hire that clown. What an extreme letdown for Buckeye fans. Simply don't think tOSU can pull that trigger, and if they do, what a terribly self-inflicted wound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              As much as I would enjoy seeing the bjs suffer, I find it hard to believe tOSU would hire that clown. What an extreme letdown for Buckeye fans. Simply don't think tOSU can pull that trigger, and if they do, what a terribly self-inflicted wound.
              Agree, un-freaking-believable

Comment

• Is the McDermott hire official?
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  As much as I would enjoy seeing the bjs suffer, I find it hard to believe tOSU would hire that clown. What an extreme letdown for Buckeye fans. Simply don't think tOSU can pull that trigger, and if they do, what a terribly self-inflicted wound.
                  well they offered him the job so they are pulling the trigger on their end, lets see if he accepts, he would be a fool not to
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    well they offered him the job so they are pulling the trigger on their end, lets see if he accepts, he would be a fool not to
                    bjs must be scrambling to raise money to match tOSU offer. We'll see how they do in the financial arms race. I don't see the attraction in the CU coach for either program--- at least not where a big raise is concerned.

Comment

• Did Wookie have his record at ISU expunged?

If he goes to tOSU, I expect Crean to move to Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        I'm not so sure. Depends on the offer. McDermott is currently pulling over a million a year to do a job with no expectations.

Doing things this publicly is dangerous for everyone though. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the day Creighton was over-paying for a mediocre coach and OSU had egg all over their face for firing Matta in June and then being turned down publicly by a mediocre coach so he could stay at a mediocre school.

Comment

• If offered and if Wookie takes the job the question obviously becomes "Does HCGM drop the Dark Tower for the Oracle?"

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Is there any chance that Archie leaves for OSU? If I remember correctly, he said OSU was his dream job. So, would he undercut his new Indiana job and leave?
                            I like Archie, I think this would be a move that certainly changed my perception and appreciation of him. But could he pull a "Brad Underwood"?

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                              Is there any chance that Archie leaves for OSU? If I remember correctly, he said OSU was his dream job. So, would he undercut his new Indiana job and leave?
                              I like Archie, I think this would be a move that certainly changed my perception and appreciation of him. But could he pull a "Brad Underwood"?

Given the timing of tOSU's move, I think it's safe to assume there will be another opening in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                                Given the timing of tOSU's move, I think it's safe to assume there will be another opening in a few years.
                                Good point, Engr -- Unless McDermott is a better coach and recruiter now than he was in his Iowa State days, Archie can just wait a few years, not have to look silly (and be a little disreputable, if the truth be told) by running from his new job, and then be ready to ride to the rescue back home in Ohio after a decent interval. Should work out perfectly for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X