No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great hire by OSU!! McDermott is 90-118 in conference play when his son isn't playing for him. He also has zero NCAA Tournament wins without his son playing for him. OSU'a decision to fire Matta at this point in time may go down as one of the dumbest moves of all time. If they would have just waited out one more season they would have gotten a much better candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      Ohio State is meeting with Creighton's Greg McDermott tonight, source told ESPN. espn.com/espn/now?nowId…
      I suppose anything's possible, so maybe it would work better than I envision -- but if I were an Ohio State fan, I would NOT be happy to hear that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        That is one fugley house.
        Are those missile silos in front, or what? At least the owner will be safe from North Korea.

Comment

• WOW!! Just f**king wow.

What on God's green earth is THE OSU thinking?

Wookie is their first choice? Did they interview ANYONE else?

He was 59-68 at Iowa State. 18-46 in conference.

WOW. Just wow. :hopelessness:

Comment

• My god! A proud school like the Buckeyes are going to hire McDermott? How have they fallen so far so fast?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              I suppose anything's possible, so maybe it would work better than I envision -- but if I were an Ohio State fan, I would NOT be happy to hear that.
              If you were an OSU fan, you'd be saying, "When's football start?"

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                If you were an OSU fan, you'd be saying, "When's football start?"
                Good point, Oregon, and quite possibly true -- which may also be McDermott's salvation for a while, although only a while, unless he's better able to handle the Big 10+4 than he was the old full strength Big 12 -- but in the 10% of my sports heart (okay, maybe 5%) interested in things other than football, I'd be feeling some noticeable heartburn.

I might not be quite sure what it was, because the prospects for football are looking okay right now, and recruiting is going well too. But there'd be some nagging discomfort in there somewhere causing me to wonder what was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                  What a great hire by OSU!! McDermott is 90-118 in conference play when his son isn't playing for him. He also has zero NCAA Tournament wins without his son playing for him. OSU'a decision to fire Matta at this point in time may go down as one of the dumbest moves of all time. If they would have just waited out one more season they would have gotten a much better candidate.
                  I believe Matta was fired so that he could collect his entire pay. His health is awful due to a botched back surgery, he's in constant pain, and moving has become even more difficult. He wanted to continue but just can't. They fired him to benefit him.

Comment

• That doesn't make the McDermott hire any better, only addressing why Matta was "let go".

Comment

• This is glorious.

Comment

• Wow. Sucks about Matta's poor health...but geez...it sure seems like Ohio St. coulda done a little better than Omaha St's coach. Maybe it came down to a little bit of a budget crunch (yes even at Ohio St.) if they still have to pay Matta for a while. I dunno...
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• What a way to start the morning. First read about it in the omaha newspaper then come on here. You guys/gals are hilarious. Wookie at the Ohio State. Lol he wasn't able to do any thing at Iowa State his level is really at the MVC Take out his son and he is probably coaching at Wayne State again.

Comment

• Some Bj fans tossing out the name Steve Forbes

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              Some Bj fans tossing out the name Steve Forbes
                              Solid choice.

Comment

• Where is fever? This topic is right up his alley and I was looking forward to his analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X