The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    There has been no offer made from Indiana to UCLA's Steve Alford as of now, source close to situation told ESPN.... es.pn/2nB1PHY

14 minutes ago from *******.
    As it should be, 2 hours from tip off in an NCAA Tournament game.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Makes tons of sense for Alford and IU, so barring a surprise I'd assume the whole smoke begets fire thing.
      If true this stuff really sucks. Dudes team is still playing. Just poor.

Comment

• Again, the concept of any kid of ethics escapes most of these guys.

Comment

• Alford is still relatively young and has a good thing going at UCLA. He'll have other opportunities to go back to the Hoosiers, but I don't see him doing it yet, unfortunately. Indiana is one of the programs that concerns me in regards to luring Marshall away. Limitless resources and recruiting potential, and in one of the more winnable power conferences, ie not the ACC or B12. I hope I'm wrong!
          "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
          -- Pele

Comment

• Originally posted by Perezident View Post
            Alford is still relatively young and has a good thing going at UCLA. He'll have other opportunities to go back to the Hoosiers, but I don't see him doing it yet, unfortunately. Indiana is one of the programs that concerns me in regards to luring Marshall away. Limitless resources and recruiting potential, and in one of the more winnable power conferences, ie not the ACC or B12. I hope I'm wrong!
            If there is an offer to Alford, then Marshall is out of the running. He won't be someone's second choice

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Indiana, but then others are saying it hasn't been made yet. Pretty specific to be made up
              As I heard on sports talk radio last week, fire one coach who didn't get past the Sweet Sixteen to hire a coach who has never gotten past the Sweet Sixteen? Only at IU could that make sense.

Alford is a total *****. He and IU are perfect for each other. I wish them a big dumpster, some gasoline, and a match...

Comment

• Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                Alford is still relatively young and has a good thing going at UCLA. He'll have other opportunities to go back to the Hoosiers, but I don't see him doing it yet, unfortunately. Indiana is one of the programs that concerns me in regards to luring Marshall away. Limitless resources and recruiting potential, and in one of the more winnable power conferences, ie not the ACC or B12. I hope I'm wrong!
                You are wrong! Just read the Hoosier forum. Marshall will not leave us for Indiana. Too cold!

Comment

• I read a tweet that said what Lynn "did" at the game will take Marshall out of the running for the IU. So a coaches wife cheering on the team like a real fan disqualifies him but a coach can throw a chair out mid court in a game and you become an IU legend? Makes sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                    I read a tweet that said what Lynn "did" at the game will take Marshall out of the running for the IU. So a coaches wife cheering on the team like a real fan disqualifies him but a coach can throw a chair out mid court in a game and you become an IU legend? Makes sense...
                    Well, good. Thanks for the help, Mrs. HCGM!

Comment

• What about Altman to Indiana?

Comment

• Originally posted by kellykemnitz View Post
                        What about Altman to Indiana?
                        That would only work if McKenna went with him. He's the brains behind that operation.

Comment

• There's not a chance in the world that the Indiana fanbase would prefer Marshall over Mr. Indiana Basketball Alford. Probably not over Holtmann from Butler, either. And even if they did, Marshall would have to give up a legit national championship contender next year, which (a) Indiana will not be, and (b) isn't going to happen.

#IU'sNotGonnaHappen

Comment

• Absolutely Lynn being in the national news will take HCGM off of some lists.

Comment

• As I said in another post, with the lack of respect WSU basketball has gotten over the past few years, I think HCGM is just biding his time until his daughter graduates high school, then they'll pack up and go to a P5 school where you can have 15 losses and still get into the NCAA tournament as a #9 seed. I hope I'm wrong, but I sure wouldn't blame him at this point.

Comment

• Guys! I heard Marshall got on a plane yesterday bound for Wichita! That's close to Stillwater, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X