The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Clearly Gonzaga is the best program outside the P5/BE/AAC, and it's not even close.

I think the public perception is that WSU and VCU are on similar levels, with WSU being a step or two ahead. Since VCU's F4, they have not had the same level of consistent success as we have had. VCU doesn't have anything comparable to our undefeated season, #1 seed, sweet sixteen, number of conference championships, and number of tournament wins. VCU has had the advantage of moving to a better conference, but we may have just leapfrogged them in that aspect.
    A lot of there lack of similar performance might correlate to playing in a harder conference.

Comment

• Dayton fans didn't seem to be too worried about Archie leaving so this is probably a punch to the gut. They should be fine, that's a great program even without Archie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Just announced as their new coach.
        Guess Alford said no, after checking out of the tourney last night. Wild speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Guess Alford said no, after checking out of the tourney last night. Wild speculation.
          I don't think Alford was even considered. He wanted it but wasn't on Indiana's list

Comment

• They HAVE to hire Moton, Heier, or Forbes
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don't think Alford was even considered. He wanted it but wasn't on Indiana's list
              Well the timing is sure ironic if Alford was never in consideration.

Comment

• So will this calm down the Chicken Littles?

I've seen way too many posts from people who had convinced themselves that HCGM was gone.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  So will this calm down the Chicken Littles?

I've seen way too many posts from people who had convinced themselves that HCGM was gone.
                  IU was certainly the job that worried most, but it opened up, and it turned out to be a whole lotta nothing from the perspective of a WSU fan.

If the AAC talk turns to reality (and maybe it already is at the need-to-know level of Marshall) then I think at this point there's very little to worry about moving forward, in the context of retaining our HC.

My thoughts, which are worth as much as you paid for them.

Comment

• In my humble opinion, with our yet to be announced move to the AAC, the odds that Gregg Marshall finishes his coaching career at WSU approach "bet the house" range.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      So will this calm down the Chicken Littles?

Probably not. There is a Shaka to Georgetown rumor which would open Texas back up

Comment

• A post I saw on the Dayton board:

Ugh, sometimes I really hate college basketball. All of the coach speak when they all talk of loving the university they're working for and never thinking of going somewhere else always ends up meaning nothing. Thought Archie was different, they always end up proving us wrong.
                        I'm glad Marshall is completely honest with his "I'm willing to listen" statements as opposed to saying "I plan on staying here forever" while secretly taking calls. Sucks for the Dayton fans but they are a strong program and I hope they're able to continue their success

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                          A post I saw on the Dayton board:

I'm glad Marshall is completely honest with his "I'm willing to listen" statements as opposed to saying "I plan on staying here forever" while secretly taking calls. Sucks for the Dayton fans but they are a strong program and I hope they're able to continue their success
                          Agreed, we seem to have the inverse coach, who is honest about listening to offers, but is reluctant to actually leave (while also expressing he does love his job, university, and community).
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            A post I saw on the Dayton board:

+1

I overheard a Dayton fan in Indy say that Archie loved Dayton and wouldn't want the pressure of something like Indiana. Archie had them fooled.

Comment

Probably not. There is a Shaka to Georgetown rumor which would open Texas back up
                              I don't believe the Shaka rumor but if Texas would open again I might be worried this time. Someone told me that Marshall told him, I do know he knows him personally, he would be interested in the Texas job. I can't confirm when he had that discussion pre or post raise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                                That is true in most southern schools but not so much in northern regions of the country. Hell, until a few years ago, most Texans couldn't spell basketball if you spotted them four letters!
                                Hey!! I resemble that remark. Depends on which four letters!

Comment

Working...
                                X