The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    As I said in another post, with the lack of respect WSU basketball has gotten over the past few years, I think HCGM is just biding his time until his daughter graduates high school, then they'll pack up and go to a P5 school where you can have 15 losses and still get into the NCAA tournament as a #9 seed. I hope I'm wrong, but I sure wouldn't blame him at this point.
    Honestly, for how much he's "gone against the system" this year .. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to make it his life goal to be the first "mid-major" team to win it all. Talk about creating a legacy.

Comment

As I said in another post, with the lack of respect WSU basketball has gotten over the past few years, I think HCGM is just biding his time until his daughter graduates high school, then they'll pack up and go to a P5 school where you can have 15 losses and still get into the NCAA tournament as a #9 seed. I hope I'm wrong, but I sure wouldn't blame him at this point.
      If pessimison is not your dominant personality trait, I trust your judgement. If it is, you need to look internally to what your internal dialogue is telling you about yourself and make self adjustments. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        If pessimison is not your dominant personality trait, I trust your judgement. If it is, you need to look internally to what your internal dialogue is telling you about yourself and make self adjustments. :)
        Not quite sure what that was all about, but ok. Let's be real, we've all thought it, how much longer can HCGM put up with the lack of disrespect Wichita State gets? At some point, it's going to get to him, one would think. Again, I hope I'm wrong. Cetainly not a pessimist about this, just a realist.

Comment

Not quite sure what that was all about, but ok. Let's be real, we've all thought it, how much longer can HCGM put up with the lack of disrespect Wichita State gets? At some point, it's going to get to him, one would think. Again, I hope I'm wrong. Cetainly not a pessimist about this, just a realist.
          Realist that leans to the negative. There is certainly a positive outlook to this week (I posted it a few posts before this). All depends on how you look at it. Gregg definitely doesn't seem like he's the type to pack up and leave when it gets tough.

Comment

• I can only hope that GM and family understand the level of respect
            and love the community has for them and that is their number one
            criteria for staying a long long time.

Comment

• The Annual HCGMs WSU Future

I dont know enough about him as a coach to comment, but the JSU fans seem to think Harper is a better coach than the one they had. Is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Realist that leans to the negative. There is certainly a positive outlook to this week (I posted it a few posts before this). All depends on how you look at it. Gregg definitely doesn't seem like he's the type to pack up and leave when it gets tough.
                Not at all, try again. Nothing negative or pessimistic about me at all, not unless people provoke it out of me, which seems to happen a lot on these boards. It is what it is though, not going to get into a pissing war like other people seem to want to do. Life is too short for all that. Enjoy your day good sir.

Comment

Just trying to have some fun. You are right but I go back and forth. My dominant feeling is that he will be here for a while because he realizes WSU is a great fit for his personality. But I just don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Just trying to have some fun. You are right but I go back and forth. My dominant feeling is that he will be here for a while because he realizes WSU is a great fit for his personality. But I just don't know.
                    No worries, just wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or what. Never can tell, especially since there's a few posters I don't get along with. I hope he stays a while, the fan support is amazing for him, but I just don't know how much longer he can take the disrespect. I guess time will tell. It would help some if we could get our arses out of the MVC and into the AAC.

Comment

No worries, just wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or what. Never can tell, especially since there's a few posters I don't get along with. I hope he stays a while, the fan support is amazing for him, but I just don't know how much longer he can take the disrespect. I guess time will tell. It would help some if we could get our arses out of the MVC and into the AAC.
                      I get your concern, but my take is if his frustration is above all that this University, community, city and state has given him then go find your happiness brother. I will be pissed for a day or two, then find the next man up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Absolutely Lynn being in the national news will take HCGM off of some lists.
                        God bless her...😎
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I'm not a program insider or major donor, but it seems fairly simple to me:

If Bardo delivers the AAC next year (preferably playing in it, but at least headed there the year after), I would be surprised if HCGM departed in the foreseeable future thereafter, unless Kentucky, Louisville, UNC or Duke come knocking. I don't think anyone could hold it against him to take those. Of course we would be thrilled if he stayed in that scenario, but no reasonable fans would begrudge him. Everyone seems to think UNC and Duke will keep it in the family when the time comes (although I don't recall hearing good evidence why - so if someone can educate me that would be great). So I say root for the NBA to stay away from Calipari and for Pitino to keep himself out of (more) trouble.

If there's no movement on the conference front after next year, I think a larger pool of P5 jobs would be up for consideration - most anything that has some degree of tradition and isn't a rebuild. If the NCAA manages to wrap their pee wee brains around these newfangled (to them) metrics and not screw us over on seeding, and that helps us to a deep run, that mitigates the risk somewhat.

Listening to Coach's presser yesterday, he sounded more resolute than ever to give a giant middle finger to the P5 and NCAA powers that be next year. He knows he has the horses. After yesterday it's clear who the team's leader is. Judging by his postgame reaction and presser comments, he seems set to bust his a** all offseason and get after anyone who isn't doing the same.

Next year is huge. Buckle up.
                          Last edited by shox526; March 20, 2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• I agree that his presser didn't seem like a resume-builder for a P5 job.

Also lots of insecurity/fear in this thread coming from posters who haven't been seen all year. Take that for what it's worth.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Rome is all about Marshall staying in Wichita. Even said WSU's job may be better than UCLA's. Absolutely owning it.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I agree that his presser didn't seem like a resume-builder for a P5 job.

Also lots of insecurity/fear in this thread coming from posters who haven't been seen all year. Take that for what it's worth.
                                Yeah. Until the people on this board who are in the know become worried, I'm not worried at all.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X