No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting thread on twitter about buyouts. Apparently Alfords Buyout is 7 million, and Crean's is 4 million. So IU would have to spend 11 million to make that change. BUT ... apparently Adidas is willing to pay Alfords buyout because he would be switching between Adidas schools. Also Crean's contract states that if he makes more than the buyout by mid 2020, IU owes him nothing. So IU might be able to get out free of charge with the swap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Interesting thread on twitter about buyouts. Apparently Alfords Buyout is 7 million, and Crean's is 4 million. So IU would have to spend 11 million to make that change. BUT ... apparently Adidas is willing to pay Alfords buyout because he would be switching between Adidas schools. Also Crean's contract states that if he makes more than the buyout by mid 2020, IU owes him nothing. So IU might be able to get out free of charge with the swap.
      I've also read where IU couldn't keep Crean on payroll till this summer when the buyout drops and only be out $1.8 mil instead. Don't know if the contact slows that or not though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        Not quite sure what that was all about, but ok. Let's be real, we've all thought it, how much longer can HCGM put up with the lack of disrespect Wichita State gets? At some point, it's going to get to him, one would think. Again, I hope I'm wrong. Cetainly not a pessimist about this, just a realist.
        I wish we had just a little lack of disrespect.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          I wish we had just a little lack of disrespect.
          Whoa! Nice catch. I think everybody knew what I meant though, but yea, you're right, that was supposed to say how much longer can HCGM put with the lack of respect. Ha, my bad.

Comment

• I don't think Marshall goes anywhere, but I'm not gonna lie, I would LOVE to see the fallout of Marshall going to UCLA then benching the younger Ball kids for not playing defense. You know Daddy ball would start a media fit, and Marshall would shut it down sooooo fast. It would be entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              Just trying to have some fun. You are right but I go back and forth. My dominant feeling is that he will be here for a while because he realizes WSU is a great fit for his personality. But I just don't know.
              Good call, Gregg wears the black hat and WSU definetly fits him. He is not an awe shucks dude like Coach K, Roy, or Self. If Martin ever leaves South Carolina that would be an interesting job for him I would think. It's back on the East coast, SC has unlimited SEC dollars, lower expectations, and has an unbelievably loyal fan base that definetly loves to play the no respect bit. With that said, why mess with happy?

Comment

I don't think Marshall goes anywhere, but I'm not gonna lie, I would LOVE to see the fallout of Marshall going to UCLA then benching the younger Ball kids for not playing defense. You know Daddy ball would start a media fit, and Marshall would shut it down sooooo fast. It would be entertaining.
                He'd also be fired.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  He'd also be fired.
                  Nah, because if he accepted the job, it means UCLA had it in his contract that he had total control to make those decisions. If they didn't, he wouldn't be there.

Comment

Nah, because if he accepted the job, it means UCLA had it in his contract that he had total control to make those decisions. If they didn't, he wouldn't be there.
                    LaMelo would definitely re-open his recruiting if HCGM took that job. He's obviously not interested in playing a team first game (which Marshall requires), as evidenced by him scoring 92 in a game and never running past half court. I doubt HCGM would have any problem with that either.

LiAngelo might still come because he's not that highly rated of a recruit, but I doubt Gregg would have any issue releasing him from his letter of intent if he (aka his dad) asked for it.

Lonzo seems to be the only one of that family that isn't blatantly "ME FIRST" and constantly saying "Look at me" from what I can tell, at least not on the basketball court.

I do think it'd be awesome/funny seeing Lynn and Lavar in the stands next to each other during games though.

That UCLA job is going to be a hot one for coaches. Coaches will be calling up UCLA wanting to be considered. They have an amazing recruiting class (on paper) coming in next year.

Comment

• If HCGM goes how much would it take to keep HCLM here?
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

• VCU is open again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          VCU is open again.
                          And VCU fans are pissed at Wade,

Mat Shelton-Eide‏ @MatSheltonEide 29m29 minutes ago

Capel, Grant, Smart all left VCU in a better place than they found it. Wade leaving us after 5 seniors graduate. Screw you, fraud.

Comment

• LSU a better than VCU? Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                              And VCU fans are pissed at Wade,

Mat Shelton-Eide‏ @MatSheltonEide 29m29 minutes ago

Capel, Grant, Smart all left VCU in a better place than they found it. Wade leaving us after 5 seniors graduate. Screw you, fraud.
                              Isn't that kinda like marrying a woman who was cheating on her husband with you, and then expecting her to be faithful? He was only at Chattanooga for two years when VCU hired him away.

Comment

• VCU is a good program but is a stepping stone school. That's just the way it is. And that's why our program is quite a few pegs up from them.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X