Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    LSU a better than VCU? Meh.
    Agree that it is a horrible move. Interesting we are all in Maui together next season

Comment

• None of the those VCU coaches had much success after leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
        And VCU fans are pissed at Wade,

Mat Shelton-Eide‏ @MatSheltonEide 29m29 minutes ago

Capel, Grant, Smart all left VCU in a better place than they found it. Wade leaving us after 5 seniors graduate. Screw you, fraud.
        That sounds familiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Agree that it is a horrible move. Interesting we are all in Maui together next season
          What did he make at VCU and what did he sign for at LSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            LSU a better than VCU? Meh.
            LSU has football money. LOTS of football money. It's a high risk high reward job. If he can succeed, they can pay him LOTS of money. If he doesn't succeed, he probably gets a multi-year vacation making millions a year.

The downside of the "high risk" isn't that bad. I wish I could have ended my career by getting paid a mill or 2 a year for 4 or 5 years while sitting on a beach in Tahiti. Maybe getting paid a couple times a year to fly back to the States to do some basketball commentary.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• CBS Sports reporting that Coach Forbes and Coach Moton would be options at VCU after Rice and Mt St Mary coaches who are former assistants.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• LSU is one of those jobs where you don't have to hit it out of the park to have a good long term career. Just compete to be in the top 1/3 of the conference and make the dance every now and then. The bar isn't that high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  LSU is one of those jobs where you don't have to hit it out of the park to have a good long term career. Just compete to be in the top 1/3 of the conference and make the dance every now and then. The bar isn't that high.
                  Similar to a LOT of football first schools, albeit LSU has more basketball history than most.

Comment

• I thought that Wade would make more at LSU. He doubled his salary from VCU to LSU. That's the one problem for non P5 schools. Finding the right fit to be able to keep the coach even though you are spending a lot of resources.

That's why I loved Gregg's statement at the NCAA when he said that one of the non P5 schools was going to win the tourney (he was leaving out the Big East). He mentioned all of the F4 teams like Butler, VCU, and WSU knocking on the door trying to break it down. I think that he considers it a challenge, a personal goal, and it would be an honor for him to be the first coach to do it. Let's keep the chip on our shoulder for a little longer. :)

Comment

• LSU isn't a basketball step up, but it's a career and financial step up. In basketball at LSU, he just has to be good, not great, and he'll do fine. That wouldn't work for him in football there, of course; just good isn't good enough -- but that isn't what he's trying to do.

The problem Jones has is that he wasn't even good, and he got worse, despite having what was thought to be some pretty good talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        LSU isn't a basketball step up, but it's a career and financial step up. In basketball at LSU, he just has to be good, not great, and he'll do fine. That wouldn't work for him in football there, of course; just good isn't good enough -- but that isn't what he's trying to do.

The problem Jones has is that he wasn't even good, and he got worse, despite having what was thought to be some pretty good talent.
                        I'm not sure about financial step up; I don't know what they're willing to pay, but I'm thinking WSU could offer more if challenged...

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          LSU isn't a basketball step up, but it's a career and financial step up. In basketball at LSU, he just has to be good, not great, and he'll do fine. That wouldn't work for him in football there, of course; just good isn't good enough -- but that isn't what he's trying to do.

And how is it a career step up if it's not a basketball step up?

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                            I'm not sure about financial step up; I don't know what they're willing to pay, but I'm thinking WSU could offer more if challenged...
                            I believe the comparison is to VCU that is being discussed ... not WSU.

Comment

• VCU stays in the Shaka tree, hiring Mike Rhoades from Rice.

A lot of fans on their board were wanting to get away from the Shaka tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                VCU stays in the Shaka tree, hiring Mike Rhoades from Rice.

A lot of fans on their board were wanting to get away from the Shaka tree.
                                I didn't think he actually had a tree yet...maybe a sapling.

Comment

Working...
                                X