No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles' cost of living is nearly 57% higher than it is in Wichita, so Marshall's $3.5M here would be equivalent to almost $5.5M there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Matt Nolander proposed Marshall to UCLA idea. No way Marshall puts up with the LA BS; especially the Ball stuff.

Also, his $3.5M in Wichita goes farther than Alford's' $2.8M in LA.
      Just heard on Mike and Mike that Alford's buyout at UCLA is in the neighborhood of $8 million...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• As long as the Big 10+4 keeps putting enough football teams in major bowl games, IU can afford it. Urban Meyer funding the Indiana basketball coaching search.

Comment

• BREAKING: Marshall to Indiana

The state of Indiana, that is...to coach the Shockers against Dayton today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Start over at Indiana State or Evansville :)
            If someone would trade me Tom Crean for Greg Lansing, I'd take it in a heartbeat!!!

Comment

• I've been watching the IU coaching thing with very little interest, but being a resident, I have no choice. It's everywhere. Ugh... But anyway, I think Fred Glass' ego is too big for Gregg Marshall. He wants an NBA coach, for some odd reason. I'm looking at Randy Wittman. Not exactly what I'd call a home run hire, but he played on IU's 81 championship team. That actually means more to many IU fans than the actual resume.

I think you're all safe with Marshall...of course I didn't think Trump would pick Pence as his VP, either, so take me with a grain of salt...

Comment

• So where does Crean end up? He's really a Michigan guy, so I'd think he'd want to stay in the north/midwest area. Illinois maybe?

Comment

• Marshall is a HUGE fan of Bobby Knight; one call from Knight could end all further interest.

Comment

• Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 6m6 minutes ago

NC State will meet today with UNC-Wilmington's Kevin Keatts, per multiple sources. Has emerged as a primary candidate to fill vacancy.
                    Looks like another one of those "no-brainer" landing spots for Marshall is going to not-so-shockingly hire a candidate several rungs below 3G.

Tell me if you've heard this story before.

Comment

• How cool would it be if Marshall just became Coach M? Synonomous with WSU.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Marshall is a HUGE fan of Bobby Knight; one call from Knight could end all further interest.
                        Yep, because Bob Knight HATES IU. With a passion...

Comment

Marshall is a HUGE fan of Bobby Knight; one call from Knight could end all further interest.
                          Except Knight isn't a HUGE fan of IU Admin and just gave them the big FU on the possibility of coming back to coach IU. Don't think Knight will do IU any favors.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Looks like another one of those "no-brainer" landing spots for Marshall is going to not-so-shockingly hire a candidate several rungs below 3G.

Tell me if you've heard this story before.
                            Keatts to NCSU makes perfect sense, to anyone outside that fanbase.

I was calling for that move, even before their good performance yesterday. :
                            - He's a good coach
                            - Familiar with the territory
                            - Familiar with the ACC from coaching with Pitino

He'll probably do pretty good to good.
                            Last edited by Shock Top; March 17, 2017, 02:46 PM.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                              Except Knight isn't a HUGE fan of IU Admin and just gave them the big FU on the possibility of coming back to coach IU. Don't think Knight will do IU any favors.
                              Exactly my point. One call with Knight voicing his hatred and HCGM says, "No thanks."

Comment

Exactly my point. One call with Knight voicing his hatred and HCGM says, "No thanks."
                                Gotcha!:good:

Comment

Working...
                                X