Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Texas will be a force to contend with if the AD and boosters stay out of Shaka's way. Bama on the other hand will get a decent coach, but a "name brand" one may be a hire or two away. They do have things to offer a young, hungry coach so the next five years will tell a lot. I know it has been reported that IF Marshall and family had made the trip to Alabama as reported, he would now be the coach of Alabama. Only the family knows if that is true. That is all water under the bridge now and Marshall, at least for the foreseeable future, is home and belongs to us. Thanks to Messrs. Sexton and Bardo for their efforts and many, many thanks to the boosters and donors who stepped up big time. Peace has come to our part of the Valley (at least until the next time a big name school comes calling). The thought of having to go through this every single year is not fun -- but the alternative (obscurity and non-relevance) is less appealing. MY thanks are to everyone who was involved in getting this done and done so very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
        And now ALL are happy.

I like a guy who's smart enough to listen to the women in his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          How about a tee shirt

ROLL MARSHALL
          Back to CKA
          I would suggest The Marshall Plan, but only the history major students would know about that. Or maybe Marshall Law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            I would suggest The Marshall Plan, but only the history major students would know about that. Or maybe Marshall Law.
            The Athletic department made a bunch of Marshall Plan shirts when he was first hired. Ironically, didn't the real Marshall Plan that rebuilt Europe cost $33 billion? Mind blown.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              The Athletic department made a bunch of Marshall Plan shirts when he was first hired. Ironically, didn't the real Marshall Plan that rebuilt Europe cost $33 billion? Mind blown.
              Still have that shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Well nobody's forcing you to click on a thread and read it.

I don't know what else you're gonna post about though seeing how this is the topic you've contributed to the most (and badly I might add).
                Well the next time you post something of significance will be the first time....as far as this thread is concerned since I pretty much know the whole story of HCGM and Bama all the conjecture here bores me......Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                  Well the next time you post something of significance will be the first time....as far as this thread is concerned since I pretty much know the whole story of HCGM and Bama all the conjecture here bores me......Sorry.
                  And yet you continue to prove yourself wrong, as you continually click on the the thread that "bores" you and post in the thread that "bores" you.

Nice going.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      That's what I get for not doing research and going by a nearly 15 year old memory. Lol.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        And yet you continue to prove yourself wrong, as you continually click on the the thread that "bores" you and post in the thread that "bores" you.

Nice going.
                        21,235 useless post...lol

Comment

• No, 21,236.....as of now.

Comment

• 21,237, but it was fun reading most of them, especially the ones from the 'Bammie boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                              21,235 useless post...lol
                              It sucks to get owned and look like an idiot, doesn't it?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not exactly in the vein of this discussion, but still on the thread topic.

What a difference a week makes. Playing golf yesterday and Gregg and Lynn were sitting in the sun on their deck enjoying the rays and appearing to have a pleasant conversation (I am guessing it was not about how to come up with the money to pay taxes next week . . .) Of course my drive ends up with a direct view from them for my second shot. Felt like I was on the golf channel because I noticed they stopped to watch. Actually hit a decent shot to the green and, as I was wearing a bright gold shocker hat and a shocker sweater, as I put my club in the bag I lifted my hat and saluted them. Of course they waved. Made me smile.
                                Last edited by Rixtoy1; April 5, 2015, 08:14 AM.
                                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X