No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankamp's D against Loyola was solid. His positioning was great. His footwork was solid. His only problem on D is his height. Other than that, his D looks really good.

I suspect that he's deferring to the upper class guys this year. I'm beginning to understand the "More" comments. I'd like to see him take more chances and more shots. I suspect he will next year when he's not playing behind 2 AA's. Interesting observation - he never played behind 2 AA's at the flagship.

He's got the yips in CKA. Pressure will be even higher next year, but I think he'll have a better feel for himself and his shot next year.

I've seen some pretty passing and some court vision, but I'm not seeing a solid PG yet. He's got some time to work on that, but I suspect he's going to be primarily a SG during his career at WSU.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 3 point shooting
      2016 Conner - made 28 of 83 for 34%
      2015 Evan - made 29 of 83 for 35%

Who would have ever predicted that Conner would come in this year and fail (so far) to outshoot Evan from last year?

(Yes, I know Evan is down at 29% this year. The above was just meant to be something interesting to look at)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        3 point shooting

Who would have ever predicted that Conner would come in this year and fail (so far) to outshoot Evan from last year?

(Yes, I know Evan is down at 29% this year. The above was just meant to be something interesting to look at)
        For the record, me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          3 point shooting

I think I also heard last night that CF was 50% from inside the arc. Does that appear to be accurate?
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            I think I also heard last night that CF was 50% from inside the arc. Does that appear to be accurate?
            19/39 48.7%

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Frankamp's D against Loyola was solid. His positioning was great. His footwork was solid. His only problem on D is his height. Other than that, his D looks really good.

I suspect that he's deferring to the upper class guys this year. I'm beginning to understand the "More" comments. I'd like to see him take more chances and more shots. I suspect he will next year when he's not playing behind 2 AA's. Interesting observation - he never played behind 2 AA's at the flagship.

He's got the yips in CKA. Pressure will be even higher next year, but I think he'll have a better feel for himself and his shot next year.

I've seen some pretty passing and some court vision, but I'm not seeing a solid PG yet. He's got some time to work on that, but I suspect he's going to be primarily a SG during his career at WSU.
              good observations

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                19/39 48.7%
                Oh ok. looks like he missed one shot after that then.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Oh ok. looks like he missed one shot after that then.
                  This is if we both make the wild assumption that the ESPN stats are correct.

Comment

• It's really weird, but he had the same issues at KU. A lot of people gave him the benefit of the doubt because he didn't play that much at KU, but he's exhibiting the same results he had a KU just with more playing time. I don't know how someone can go from lights out shooter in HS and at practice and be the complete opposite in a game. Must be a mental thing for him and I hope he figures it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      19/39 48.7%
                      His pump fake, one dribble then jump shot seems to be always money.

Comment

• I really think Conner's percentages will go up eventually. Is he lighting teams up like Curry yet? No, but man he's given us some really solid minutes off the bench. He gets knocked for his defense, but the past few games he has gotten really solid defending. Plus he's taking care of the ball. Maybe a bit too conservative at times, but I like that he's not careless. Maybe I'm wrong, but the travel call last night seemed like total BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          His pump fake, one dribble then jump shot seems to be always money.
                          Yep. I would be interested to see a breakdown of his off-the-dribble and off-the-pass shooting numbers. I would guess there is a massive difference in favor of off-the-dribble.

It makes sense, the guys has spent 10 years with the ball in his hands as the primary playmaker.

Comment

• I think CF benefits from being an integral part of a team. Next year, when he will be relied on more heavily and the offense, perhaps, a little more tailored for him he should improve.

I look forward to seeing how CF, Shamet, Brown, McDuffie, and Shaq look on the floor together.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              I think CF benefits from being an integral part of a team. Next year, when he will be relied on more heavily and the offense, perhaps, a little more tailored for him he should improve.

I look forward to seeing how CF, Shamet, Brown, McDuffie, and Shaq look on the floor together.
                              Who's the 4 in that line-up?

Comment

• Duff would be the Cle-like stretch 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X