Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    when CF gets it going, look out.
    It'll be interesting to see how he looks in Jersey. It looked like a massive weight was off his shoulders after that quick two, and his three point shot was so much smoother after.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      It'll be interesting to see how he looks in Jersey. It looked like a massive weight was off his shoulders after that quick two, and his three point shot was so much smoother after.
      Playing on the road will probably seem like a breeze compared to playing in front of Wichita before he made his first basket

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
        Playing on the road will probably seem like a breeze compared to playing in front of Wichita before he made his first basket
        I think this has legs. He broke the ice today and a road environment might be just the ticket.

Comment

• Connor will be more than fine.

Remember, it had been since Spring of 2013 since he had played significant minutes in a game and really never got the chance to get up and going in the college game.

If this is what he looks like rusty; watch out.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            Connor will be more than fine.

Remember, it had been since Spring of 2013 since he had played significant minutes in a game and really never got the chance to get up and going in the college game.

If this is what he looks like rusty; watch out.
            Today was the first and prolly the last time we will see CF miss 2 throws in a row.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
              When there is an audible roar of anticipation every time he might shoot, that has to make someone in Conner's situation tense up. I said the same thing at the game. Playing a road game will be a GREAT thing for him.
              78-65

Comment

• It was good to see him finally get off the snide. Now maybe he can relax and just let it come to him now. It also good to have him there to run point and let Fred get a little rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Conner played an awful game today, but scored five points late and EVERYONE WAS THRILLED! It was fun to see him score! The bench cheered. The crowd cheered. He was struggling to hide his grin. Great moment, and glad he's a Shocker!
                  Awful game? He missed a few shots, but did exactly what we needed. Played good D and handled the ball when VanVleet was out

Comment

• He looked a lot more confident in the three, after the first shot finally fell. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Comment

• If there is any question about how much the team likes Frankamp go back and watch the bench when he hits those shots. Check out Fred especially when he hits the 3 pointer. No question this is a better fit for him. I doubt KU's bench ever went that nuts for him. I think he is maturing and will have a great career here. Not to mention I think he is having more fun. He couldn't contain his smile when those shots fell. Nice job Conner. You have your city behind you.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• He is definitely pressing. He missed two free throws (Marshall showed confidence in him by putting him at the line for the T). The only bad thing that I saw is that he forced one shot. Every other shot has been within the offense.

Comment

• It probably took a shot with absolutely no time to .hthink or set up, just catch and fire, to get off the schneid (sp). Once that went in, his next shot was very confident. I'll ignore his first 4 attempts (well, his first one was a good stroke, just an inch long). Let's continue the confident shooting.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• That was a really fun moment at the end when CF hit those last two shots. Place went nuts. Absolutely great to see.

I think this will now open the door for CF.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              That was a really fun moment at the end when CF hit those last two shots. Place went nuts. Absolutely great to see.

I think this will now open the door for CF.
                              I was listening to Mike with the call while driving through the Flint Hills on the way back from Emporia and the radio was cutting in and out and then Conners two shots came in crystal clear. Gave me goosebumps.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/seanptdotcom/sta...78936752996352 - from the game thread but his first 3 for the record.

Comment

Working...
                                X