Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    Gregg is hiding him on defense. Got backed down twice for easy lay ins by SH. Will be a concern.
    How often do you think Conner will be guarding long, athletic 6-6 players?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
      Wow, and I thought you were going to go Larry Legend.....did not see JP coming at all...
      Unfortunately, Larry Legend didn't have a 3-point line to operate with, moron.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I really thought Conner might shoot us to victory yesterday after he got going. I thought a couple times he was open but we couldn't/didn't get the ball to him. I also was hoping to see more off ball screens to get him open but that didn't materialize either. The people he was guarding was often much bigger than him and he got burned a couple time.
        Maybe consider a zone at times when we have a mismatch in certain situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          That was HCGM's fault. He knew he needed CF in the game, but also wanted Fred and Baker. Hopefully he goes with the two hottest hands going forward - whomever they might be in each game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Unfortunately, Larry Legend didn't have a 3-point line to operate with, moron.
            He didn't specify College or NBA or even a former WSU player....Moron........ What a dumbass you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Don't know. But chances are he will be guarding someone bigger and stronger every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                Don't know. But chances are he will be guarding someone bigger and stronger every time.
                pretty much every time, yep

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    pretty much every time, yep
                    Dude sure can shoot though.

Comment

• I was disappointed not with CF, but with him hitting 3 in a row and feeling it, then never getting another look. I know he struggled against the bigger guy that was backing him down, but he was our best shot at that point in the game, and we went away from him. I'm not sure why, but it was definitely discouraging.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I was disappointed not with CF, but with him hitting 3 in a row and feeling it, then never getting another look. I know he struggled against the bigger guy that was backing him down, but he was our best shot at that point in the game, and we went away from him. I'm not sure why, but it was definitely discouraging.
                        There were 2 more 3-pointers after Conner made the 8 points in a row he passed up that I was really wanting him to take. As he gets a better feel for his team-role, look for him to take and drain such shots. I especially like him in at the end of the game because he is money on throws.

On one of the post up back down plays, CF got called for a foul and I thought the foe was over his back instead. Of course starting the 2nd half through the end of the OT, we got hosed on more than enough close calls IMO and the totals reflect that as a possibility. We expect some of that on the road and could see more of the same in the future. We we get deeper in the Season, we will be able to overcome such possibilities easier. Maybe when we go with CF, FVV, and RB, we can run some funky zones, especially if we are in foul trouble?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Up 7 with 4 and change. You have to close. That's hardly on Conner. He put the team on his back from down one to up 7. Gotta close.

Comment

• I thought the key call of the game was Connor boxing out, with the big goon hanging over him. Looked like a foul on them. Instead they called it on Conner.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I thought the key call of the game was Connor boxing out, with the big goon hanging over him. Looked like a foul on them. Instead they called it on Conner.
                              NO KIDDING. I figured at the time I must have just not seen it or something. But yeah that situation looked odd to me.

Comment

• Yes, CF shooting touch will come in mighty handy for sure. This keeps foes more honest that like to double team FVV and Baker. Look for CF to be around 90% on free throws this Season and that is hard to beat. Speaking of shooting touches, MM is a su-weet addition doing that and helps us in many other areas. He is also 2nd on the team in steals right now.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X