Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nm
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      This is not an argument I want to get involved in, but it does bear mentioning that Shamet might not have started if Fred and Conner were available at the time.
      anything is possible. But Fred was available for Tulsa.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
        So you like to find stats? Go find his plus or minus. Find it for games where he played more than five minutes. Then let me know if you think he has a positive impact on the court.
        For that St. Louis game that I was speaking of, his +/- per 40 was 69.5. All games, on a per 40 minute basis, he was +14, compared to the team 12.8. the +14 ranked only behind Glass at 19.2, Baker at 17, Carter at 15 and Fred at 14.8.

Just pointing out that a player can have a good game sometimes but fans shouldn't get overexcited until they do it conistently. CF had a good shooting half at KU twice and, otherwise, not so much.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• this team has small ball potential..ala the Golden state warriors ... go small and play ball...shoot the three well...but as of now we are just the defense first team led by Freds offense...really would like a more balanced attack on offense...but we can just chalk up this last win as bit of home court jitters and long layoff from home...

Comment

• SLC Tribune:

Wichita State's Home Winning Streak Presents Formidable Challenge

It's not much consolation, but at least after a 56-50 loss on Wednesday night, UNLV gets t

Ooops, wrong thread. Sheesh
            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 11, 2015, 01:44 PM.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              For that St. Louis game that I was speaking of, his +/- per 40 was 69.5. All games, on a per 40 minute basis, he was +14, compared to the team 12.8. the +14 ranked only behind Glass at 19.2, Baker at 17, Carter at 15 and Fred at 14.8.

Just pointing out that a player can have a good game sometimes but fans shouldn't get overexcited until they do it conistently. CF had a good shooting half at KU twice and, otherwise, not so much.
              Im4wsu,

I have to commend you for your deep insight into Conner's first game back after two years. Consider our expectations tempered due to the keenness of your observations. Please step in with your guiding hand whenever we lose our firm grasp for the obvious (i.e. that Conner's 0-5 night is not proof that he will be on the Wooden Watch List this week). Without your unparalleled command of the facts, this board would devolve into an irrepressible heap of well-wishing to Conner Frankamp that just cannot and should not be tolerated! And further thank you for your steadiness and persistence when confronted with Conner's apparently undeserved reputation; always good for a second and even third reminder of his limitations should anyone contradict. Your secret knowledge should protect us from being fooled by Coach Marshall's frivolous instincts about the talent he acquires so that we may feast on the magnificent spread of Holiday satisfaction of knowing that we are not as good as we had hoped. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you "Im4". He will be with us, at least, all week!

Comment

• Don't get the hate for @im4wsu:

Seems like he's just taking a cautiously optimistic approach given collegiate history. Certainly doesn't make him a hater, as he has pointed out himself on several occasions. I think his points are valid. Hopefully Frankamp is awesome. So far, through a little more than 1 year of college ball he hasn't been. Still lots of time to change that.

Comment

• So much passive aggressive behavior on the board these days.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    SLC Tribune:

Wichita State's Home Winning Streak Presents Formidable Challenge

http://bit.ly/1QATlXw
                    The moral of that story is that Shocker fans bring it. Saturday will be no exception.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      So much passive aggressive behavior on the board these days.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but was your opinion asked for in this grown up discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                        So much passive aggressive behavior on the board these days.
                        Don't be hatin' on those of us who are aggressively passive! Grr!

On Frankamp I had a coworker who was "I'd hate to be him. Can you imagine just walking to the scorers table and the crowd gets all 'Ahhh!!! He better the 3!!!' ... That would suck."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Don't get the hate for @im4wsu

Seems like he's just taking a cautiously optimistic approach given collegiate history. Certainly doesn't make him a hater, as he has pointed out himself on several occasions. I think his points are valid. Hopefully Frankamp is awesome. So far, through a little more than 1 year of college ball he hasn't been. Still lots of time to change that.
                          I'm going to remain very hopeful that Conner will be a major contributor. You know why? I have heard Gregg, Fred, and Ron all say they expect him to be. They have seen him more than anyone else, and know more about what makes this team successful that anyone else. That's good enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            I'm going to remain very hopeful that Conner will be a major contributor. You know why? I have heard Gregg, Fred, and Ron all say they expect him to be. They have seen him more than anyone else, and know more about what makes this team successful that anyone else. That's good enough for me.
                            Certainly a reasonable approach. My estimation of what Frankamp might eventually become has changed significantly after hearing those 3 rave about him this summer and fall. But I can understand those that are even more reserved than myself. A lot of folks are treating him like the second coming of FVV, and bashing anyone that wants to wait to see it on the court, which is probably not a good thing for anyone involved.

Hope he goes 8/8 tomorrow. We sure could use it, and from some of the things I've seen, the capability is in there somewhere. I'll be yelling my head off for them either way (if I can recover the voice I lost Wednesday by then).

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                              Don't be hatin' on those of us who are aggressively passive! Grr!

On Frankamp I had a coworker who was "I'd hate to be him. Can you imagine just walking to the scorers table and the crowd gets all 'Ahhh!!! He better the 3!!!' ... That would suck."
                              Fred faces this every game and particularly this season with his injuries. CF doesn't need people to create excuses for him or have sympathy. He will be all right on time

Comment

• Conner is certainly capable. In fact, we have quite a few guys on this team that are working on trying to transition their capabilities into actual production. Fred, Ron and Evan are there. They generally produce towards the upper end of their capabilities. Anton was probably the only other guy doing that before his injury. We need a handful of other guys to progress in closing the gap between their capabilities and their production. I suppose that is what experience and confidence can do for you.

Our guys will eventually get there although it will take some time and each will proceed at a different pace. This must happen, however, if we are going to be where we want to be at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X